Snake charmer, miss gray <\3

It was getting later into the games now. Snow had returned but was sat uncomfortably, looking tense as if he were in a lot of pain. I keep my attention on the screen as more tributes begin to succumb to exhaustion, dehydration, and starvation. Leaving Coral, Lucy Gray, Treech and Reaper.

Only four tributes left in the game and you could feel your heart pounding. If Treech won, you did it, you managed to save a life, pull him out. A loud wailing sound drew you from your day dream back to the screen as a plane dropped in a large tank, snow again began to shift in his chair leaning forward as Lucy Gray was in the open again, catching Corals attention, who yet chose not to move, too scared of the jar.

Your attention shifts to Treech who was taking slow, large steps away, clearly attempting to try and make a break for if, you watch his eyes survey the arena his eyes eventually landing on the score board before being drawn back to the jar as glass shattering fills the arena, and then... hundreds, thousands of snakes begin to fill the arena. Rainbows of colour cover the ground as they begin to move fast, Treech, sprinting to the score board clambered upwards, letting out a scream as his leg was ripped open from being caught on the side, blood gushing everywhere.

Reaper sits still, the snakes moving and littering his body, stopping him from suffering anymore. Snakes climbed up and around Corals body no matter how
Much she screamed and cried about her efforts, killing her slowly. Bite by bite , they continue to swirl over and choking and biting Reaper knocking him and her dead, District 4s boy is dead before anyone can blink.

And Lucy Gray.. the girls pushing herself backwards as the snakes begin to move slowly towards her, her voice quietly beginning to sing again. As the melody carries throughout the arena, performing for the snakes in the Capitol, the real ones in the arena seem.. calm, at peace as they climb up her body, clutching her tightly as if she were their mother. You can see your classmates tearing up, some gnawing at their nails in nerve. Some just watching in awe. You could feel tears pricking your own eyes.

Yet your attention is dragged away to Dr Gaul, who ignores Snows pleads to free Lucy Gray, her eyes lingering on the snakes. Before she huffs turning on her heel. "Let them out, both of them. The game will end with, two winners this time I suppose.

You could feel your breath begin to choke in your neck as you watch Snow relax turning to the screen watching Lucy Gray shake as the snows stay calmly around her even without her song. Just before Dr Gaul leaves, she stops She exchanging a look with Snow, something unnerving. Cold. Calculating.

As you and snow leave the room you turn to him. "What did you do?" I turn to him my stomach knotting.

"What do you mean?"

"Gaul, she would never let there be two winners, let alone one from what happened with the ship. And the way she looked at you, what happened.""I owed you. You came to the arena, you came to the train station, I owed you. I won't be in debt or let you use me. So I made a deal, two winners. An eye for an eye-"

"What is the matter with you snow are you fucking stupid?!" You snap interrupting him. "Snow do you understand how stupid this is! You.. oh my god Highbottom is going to kill you... it's cheating,.. you cheated... what else did you do.. her singing could not of.." you trailed off turning to face him slowly looking horrified. "The snakes, they react based on scent. I used your... look it doesn't matter what I did." He snaps turning to you snarling at your questioning.

"Coriolanus snow? Mr Highbottom is waiting for you." A peacekeeper called. "Not a word. A word, and I'll kill you. You're going to be dead." He snapped walking away from you turning away. "Y/n L/n? This way please." Another peacekeeper called taking you towards the arena.

"Where are we going?" You asked walking next to the peacekeeper. "The infirmary, your tribute received a serious injury, it's your job to be there as his mentor and his guide for the game that has just passed." He answers walking even faster away from you. You could feel your heart begin to pound, you were going to see Treech, properly, not through another set of bars..

Immediately, you made it to a white door. With a note of do not disturb written in bold, the peacekeeper nodded towards you encouraging you to enter into the room. You take a deep breath pushing open the door, only to see treech sat on a bed, his hat sat in his lap a bandage wrapped around his arm.

You came to see me?" He quips his voice rasping. "I saw you, in the arena. Why.. why were you there." He whispers looking up at you.  "Someone snuck in, we were sent to get them out.." you quietly answer moving towards him on the bed, he outstretches his hand and you gently grasp it turning it over to get a better look at the bandaging.

"It's not that bad, it's when the snakes attacked and I climbed up the board, I scraped my arm.. I almost bled out." He whimpers out his eyes tearing up. "Laminas death, that was my fault, I should have spoke up." "Treech.." I reach out gently wrapping my arms around his head pulling his head into your stomach, stroking his hair as you stood between his legs. "I won't see you again, will I?" He murmurs into your stomach looking up at you. "Your gonna stay here, be a Capitol princess and me? I'll go home a winner I guess, hated, but a winner." He asks coldly.

"I don't know you might see me..." I murmur out sitting beside him. He looks up at you tiredly. "I go home tomorrow, Lucy grays already gone. I doubt it." Before you could answer  sharp knock sounds on the door, and a peacekeeper enters demanding your needed by Mr Highbottom.

You look back at treech, his hand still clinging onto yours. As he stares up at you. You gently release his hand smiling gently. "I'll be back, I promise. I'll be back." You smile gently walking away as treech watched you his eyes never once leaving your figure.

————————————————————————

As you left the schools infirmary, you headed towards Mr Highbottoms office, knocking loudly on the door. "Miss L/n, come in. Now." You hear his voice grumble, you take a deep breath, pushing open the door and walking into the room.

"Miss L/n" he greets.

"Mr Highbottom."

"Allow me to ask you something. Did you know."

You frowned. "Know..?"

"Know that Coriolanus Snow cheated the game, giving Lucy Gray poison and the scent of Gray and treech to the snakes" he spat out turning to look at you.

"No sir... I didn't."

"Then I suppose you won't receive your punishment, however. Of course that means formidably Treech is the true winner, not Lucy gray."  He answers turning his back to you.

————————————————————————
More tomorrow guys 💕💕💕💕