Lumberjack <3

The next morning you are awoken to a loud bang, followed by an even louder cry of 'fuck!' You sit up sharply on your bed, staring at the strange room before remembering where you currently were. You let out a heavy sigh as you notice you were still in the clothes from yesterday.

You stretch walking over to the window peering out, you noticed the layer of frost appearing on the glass and on the ground. You let out a huff, quietly tiptoeing out of the room. You walk down the hallway to the kitchen where you see, Jay, hobbling around the table, attempting to put two plates down and use his cane. "Here, I'll help you." You offer putting a hand out to take the plates from his hands, almost reactively he uses his cane to smack your hand away.
"Ow! Hey! I'm just trying to help!" You cry out rubbing your hand. "No. I can do it. I'm just not used to hosting." He grumbles as he manages to set the plates down with no spillage. He then sits in his seat looking at you annoyed and gestures for you to take a seat.

You carefully sit down staring at the cracked plate, on the plate was two pieces of some kind of meat, scrambled eggs and a singular hash brown. To the side of the plate was a cup of water filled almost to the rim of the cup.

"Thank you.. this is very kind of you." You smile only receiving a huff of acknowledgment as he shovels his food down his neck. You stare in suprise as his jaw almost unclicks to take large mouthfuls of food, as you follow in suite. You didn't eat last night and felt starved. "You missed dinner, so I gave it to the dogs." He grumbles out as he puts down his fork leaning down to grab his water. He then stares at you. "This morning your coming with me to the woods, Capitol requires each household to chop two trees and get them ready to be carted. I can get them carted but my goal today is to get you, to manage to knock a tree down. Since your arms are thin, and your hands are definitely not used to it, expect some sores." He says before rising up grabbing his cane. "We leave in an hour, change, and shower. You smell like shit." He says hobbling to the window before pulling out a cigarette.

Your jaw drops wide open at the news, before taking a smell of your arm. Ew. You stand up walking into your room, gathering clothes and a towel before going to the bathroom. In there was a small sink, with two wooden carved toothbrushes, a cold tiled floor, a toilet, and a small shower. You take a deep breath before getting ready to shower.

Half an hour later you exit the shower, redressed, and hair somewhat damp. You walk back to your room to find your shoes only to find them missing. And in their place, a pair of laced up, bulky black shoes. You let out a sigh of disgust. Before yanking the shoes onto your feet. "Time to go! Hurry the hell up." You hear him rasp as he knocks your door with his cane.

You stand up groaning as you walk out your room to where Jay stands, two axes strapped to his back, his hair tugged back onto the back of his head, as he leans on his cane. "Took your time." He murmurs. "Had to find the shoes you left me." You reply. "Those dolly shoes weren't gonna cut it." He sasses walking to the door yanking it open. "Let's go."

As you both walk out into the cold air, a chill runs up your back. "The work will warm you up. Don't be a woose." He rolls his eyes before hobbling down the stairs. You quickly join him thinking deeply for a moment before deciding to ask.

"Why did Mr Highbottom send me here? To you?"

"You mean casca."

"Yeah... I guess" you ponder your brows furrowing.

"We grew up together, I lived Capitol, then this happened." He points at his face. "And I left, some people said I was allowed to live in peace."

"Oh... but why send me to you? If you're not linked to the Capitol anymore.."

He lets out a scoff mixed with a cruel laugh.

"You can never escape the Capitol."

——————————————————————

As you make it into the woods, you can't help but pause turning around twice to stare at all the trees. They were so different from the Capitol, huge, and so.. green. The vivacious colours surrounding you couldn't help but lighten your mood, the birds chirping filled you with a sense of calmness, peace.

"Stop daydreaming. We have a job to do." You hear Jay snap as he throws an axe for you to the ground. "Pick it up."

You turn to him raising a brow, you lean down picking up the axe tightly in your hands as Jay watches you carefully. "Go up to that small tree and stand with your legs apart, both hands on the axe to your dominate side." He orders as he takes his axe in both hands going to another tree.

You look over at him walking over, attempting to follow his instruction. "Square your shoulders and squeeze that axe tight. If you drop it, your gonna loose a few toes." He snaps.
You take the axe the way he has guided you, and tightly squeezes it as your knuckles turn white. "Now swing." He says simply as he then lands a heavy blow onto the tree creating a sharp line through his chosen tree.

You attempt to follow, managing to hit the tree, only for it to get stuck in the tree, unmoving.

"You have a lot of work to do." He sighs coming over. Helping you pull the axe from the tree.

————————————————————————

Your hands were aching. Burning. Blisters and cuts littered your arms, your hair matting on your head, your face sweaty and red. "You look like hell." Jay mutters amused as to both make your way to the cabin. "Shut up." You snap glaring at him.

As you make it to the cabin, Treech is stood nervously outside of it, attempting to look inside. "She's fine lumber boy. She's still in one piece." Jay snaps as he climbs the steps to the cabin. Treech furrows his brows at Jay sticking his tongue out as his backs to him before turning his attention to you.

"Well, I can see being a lumberjacks treating you nicely." He chuckles brushing the hair from your head as he takes your hand, turning it over kissing the wounds. You huff turning your face away from him. "Don't look at me right now. I look like I've just come back from Capitol punishment." You murmur. "No, you still look pretty." He smiles kissing your cheek. "Listen, I'm going out tonight, come with me." He smiles cheekily. "Go where?" You question raising a brow at him. "Woods, I want you to come with me. It could be fun.." he smiles at you. "I'll come.. you know I will. What time?" He smiles happily. "I'll be here for about eight. Make sure you eat before you leave okay?" He says gently pressing his lips to your cheek before letting go of your hand and beginning to walk away. You watch him adjust his hat as he heads back down the familiar path towards his home.

You walk up the steps to the cabin where Jay is stood going through letters. "Ones here for you, looks fancy." He mutters casually handing it to you. "Thank you." You smile taking it to your room as you sit on your bed, opening it.

Dear Y/n.
I hope your well, I haven't heard from you in a while and began to worry. I'm sure you have heard that I have left the Capitol, and have joined Coriolanus in exile.

He's doing ok. He's with Lucy Gray every second he can be, I'm doing what I can here to help, without specifying the details. I hope your well in the Capitol. How is everything there? I heard it's snowed quite a bit in the fast few days. I do worry for you as I know you don't cope with cold water that well.

I am writing to you not just to check in, but to apologise. For snapping at you the day my friend died in the arena, for dragging you into the arena alongside Coriolanus. For making you have to save me. I do hope that after that we may continue our friendship.

How is everyone else? Have you spoken with Treech. I think, even if you're forbidden, you'd have found away.

From your dearest friend,
Sejanus Plinth.

He didn't know. He didn't know you'd fled the Capitol. You couldn't help the cold claw of guilt that grips your neck. Poor Sejanus.. you wonder if snows treating him well. You knew no matter what you couldn't respond. If you did, then snow would know where you were, as would Sejanus.

You place the letter on the desk running your hands through your hair, you decide to get changed to meet Treech later in the evening.

————————————————————————

HEYYYYYY YURRRRR IM GONNA MAKE A FEW MORE CHAPTERS TODAY AND EDIT THE ONES ALREADY UP 🥰🥰🥰