Our place <3

By six, you had changed into one of your dresses you had bought from the Capitol, choosing to keep on the shoes given to you by Jay, considering you'd be going into the forest, you considered it the safer footwear option. As you exit the room, Jay has laid two plates out on the table of a stew and a loaf of bread on the centre of the table. Jay sits at his seat without a spoon choosing to drink the stew from the bowel.

"Evening." He greets rubbing his mouth clean with the back of his hand. "Good evening." You smile sitting down in your seat quickly beginning to eat your stew. Jay leans forward ripping off a chunk of the loaf. "You cleaned up nicely. You're going to see your boyfriend or something?" He questions nodding towards your dress. "Yes, I'll be back later I think. Treech will probably walk me home." You answer as you then rip a bit off of the loaf. Jay nods his head in acceptance of the answer. "Take the keys by the door. I won't stay up and wait for you." He sniffs, as he rises to his feet grabbing his cane, carrying his empty plate to the sink.

"Ok. I will." You say as you pick up your own plate taking it to the sink after Jay. Jay then goes to the couch, wedged into the corner of the room and sits down, snatching the remote and turning the TV on. It's an old build, from before the war definitely you think as the crackly image begins to play. The channel that comes on is a news outlet, talking about the games from a couple days before, and an image of Snow appears talking about his exile. You couldn't help but shiver. Nerves filling your stomach even at the site of him. Jay notices turning to you frowning. Your boyfriend will be here, go grab the keys and a jacket, and wait outside.

You nod your head, turning to the keys basket, plucking them out and pocketing them, as you grab your coat that has been hung up and wrapping it around yourself. "Bye Jay!" You call as you pull the door shut.

You stand on the porch for a couple of minutes, as you then see Treech beginning to appear in the distance.  You smile widely at the site of him rushing down the steps. You run to him catching yourself in his embrace.
"Careful! You're still sore from today's work." He smiles gently straightening you up. He looks you up and down smiling happily. "You ready to go?"

"Yep! Let's go!" You intertwine your hand in his as he guides you to the woods, the further in you get, the darker it becomes as the trees ensnare you in their long branches, eventually leading you to a patch of grass, with lanterns lit and a small basket laid down. Treech scratches the back of his head. "Thought I'd take you out properly, my pa nearly broke my ribs when he found out we hadn't even gone out properly.." he sits down pulling you down alongside him with your intertwined hands.

You look at him smiling as you lean closer to him pressing your lips to his cheek. "It's kind of you Treech. I love it." You say looking around happily. "Not as nice as what some of the Capitol boys can give you, but I still hope you like it.." he says unsurely as he follows your gaze to the lanterns. "What they give me is fake, it's not got a meaning Treech. But you, you actually make an effort." You squeeze his hand.

"I wanted to talk to you." He said suddenly seeming very serious. "What are we? I mean.. to each other." He says no longer looking into your eyes.  "What do you mean Treech?" You say raising a brow.

"I like you. I'm not going to deny that fact. I liked you the minute you came back that day even though you were injured to help me. But if you see this, us, whatever we call this. as just a fling, or something fun. Then I want you to tell me." He says his gaze finally meeting yours. His eyes reminding you of when you first met him. You look into his eyes letting go of his hand, you move closer to him sitting straight in front of him. "You mean the world to me treech, I would not of followed you here, to district 7, to run from snow if I didn't. I would have stayed there, and took on the challenge. I don't ever want to loose you." You say as you take his cheeks in your hands.

He looks at you properly, his eyes softening. "Even if I can't buy you a pony? Can't give you a large house?" He says placing his hands ontop of yours on his face. You smile cheekly, "even if you can't buy me a pony." Your smile however drops slightly as you remember what Snow could do to you. "I need to tell you.. something. It's serious, really serious."

"What?" Treech says easing his hands and yours off of his face and back onto the blanket.
"Snow, he's going to try and kill me someday. To tally the score." You say as calm as you could. Treeches eyes widen as his mouth drops open. "What? You said you had to leave, not that someone's trying to kill you? Why what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything, he cheated and now, everything he's worked for, he can't get it. Im a loose end, he'll come for me someday, could be tomorrow, could be in 50 years. He's going to come for me and kill me." You say frowning as you stare into Treeches eyes.

"Do you think you could handle that burden treech?" You whisper, staring at him, hoping, praying he'd say yes, he'd stay with you, until the very end.

After a long pause, he began to speak quietly "If I have to axe down Snow, to keep you safe, play in another hunger games, then so be it. I will do what I have to do." He says his voice sounding hardened and cold, his eyes sharp as he stares into your face. "I won't let you die, not to the Capitol, not to anyone's hands." He snaps pulling you closer to him.

You could feel a choked sob catch in your throat. Maybe you did have a chance to survive? Maybe you could make it. You thought as Treeches hands tightened on yours. "You're mine now, I'm not letting you go anytime soon Y/n." He says his hands moving to cup your neck, pulling your head to rest against his.

————————————————————————

Oh my gosh... LOOK AR UR MAN TRYING TO PROTECT YOY BLESS XXXX 😋😋😋 ERM ANYWAYS SO IM STILL DECIDINF IF THEU GONNA DIE OR NOT SO... WE WILL SEE 🥳🥳