Chapter 4

(photo not mine)

Chapter 4 - Charmed

You sat in the station's lobby with a black denim jacket that obviously wasn't yours wrapped tightly around your shoulders.

You were silently listening to Genya argue with another officer.

About an hour and a half passed since the incident. Right after Genya had apprehended the man, he had called for backup and you were brought in for questioning.

After his heated conversation with his colleague, Genya returned to your side and reassured you that he would help you to the best of his abilities.

He sat in the chair next to yours, sighing, and ran a hand through his hair before looking at you from the corner of his eye.

You looked tired. You felt tired.

"Called your sister." He mumbled, it had been a long night.

"'Sanks," You slurred out. He nodded in response and leaned against the chair to stare at the ceiling, his hands folded neatly on his lap.

After a few long moments of silence, you started staring at him through the corner of your eye - sneakily of course.

Your eyes raked over his frame and you noticed a few things. He was muscular, very muscular. Tall too.

He was wearing a plain tee, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

You gulped as your eyes traced the veins on his arms.

"You checking me out?" He asked nonchalantly.

You looked away, face burning with embarrassment for being caught. It was silent again.

Ten agonizing minutes later, a dishevelled looking Mitsuri rushed into the station.

"Y/n- are you- are you ok?" She stuttered, out of breath.

"Mhmmm." You raise your head slowly, staring up at with glazed-over eyes

She helped you stand up. The denim jacket still wrapped around you and you clung onto it for warmth.

"Thank you so much Genya. I'll see you around, kay?" Mitsuri spoke quickly before ushering you to her car.

The rest of the night was a blur. The only things you remember is getting home and listening to Mitsuri's scolding.

❈-❈-❈

The next day you woke up earlier than usual with Mitsuri snoring beside you, loudly. Not only that, but she was clinging to your arm and taking up all the space on your bed, leaving you falling off the edge.

You laughed softly and rolled your eyes while shoving her face away from your shoulder.

"Huh- wha-" Mitsuri mumbled, eyes droopy and confused. "Oh- , must've fallen asleep... hah..."

You ignored her, stretching your limbs and savouring the satisfying pop! Before sitting up and looking around the room.

Right away you noticed the black denim jacket that clearly wasn't yours.

You stared at it for a few minutes before your mind flooded with memories of the prior night. How you were getting drinks, how you were getting followed, how you were rescued, how he gave you his jacket because you were cold, how you happily took it, how you were checking out Genya and how he called you out on it.

Great... Now he thinks I'm a creep. You groaned and rubbed your hands over your eyes.

Mitsuri's followed your gaze, looking over at the jacket she often saw Genya wear when he came into the restaurant on particularly cold nights.