Excuse Me

Kierra's POV

"M-mommyyy!" Keris cried for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

"Hold on one second T." I said to my makeup artist

She stepped back and I reached down to pick up my hysterical one year old. Seeing that she was indeed due for a nap I gave her a bottle and laid her against me while T finished beating my face.

"You excited about tonight?" T asked

"Ehh yeah I guess."

"You guess??? Ki you're nominated for three Grammys! That's beyond huge!" She exclaimed

"I know... It's just that this last year has been a lot so it's a little hard to enjoy this moment, but I'm grateful." I explained

We're in L.A. for the Grammys and this is my fourth time here but it's the first time I've ever been nominated. I'm trying my best to find some type of excitement and as fun as this weekend was supposed to be it's been very hectic.

"Yeah I get it. I'm super proud of you though Ki, you've maintained motherhood and your career really well this last year. Like seriously."

"Thanks T. I appreciate it." I smiled lightly

A year and two months ago I became a divorced single mom of two children and this is my first time traveling with the girls by myself without any extra help other than my assistant. The entire weekend I was getting ready to lose it trying to balance my busy workload and my children but I made it work. Thankfully my mom and aunts are here to work on their album so I'll have my cousin Nikki to help me out for the night and then we're headed back to Atlanta tomorrow.

"Mommy! Mommy! Guess who I just saw??!" Kelise shouted running through the door with Nikki behind her.

"Kelise baby please don't yell I'm trying to get your sister to take a nap. Who did you see?" I asked

"Goddy! I saw Goddy Ma! She said she's going to the show too and I can sit with her if it's ok with you. So can I? Please?! Please?! Please?! Pleeeeeeease!"

"Wait, Crystal's here??" I asked aloud looking at Nikki

"Yeah, she's on the 11th floor. Nell is up there doing her hair."

"Why would Crystal be at the Grammys?" I thought to myself

My best friend Crystal and I haven't spoken since the day my divorce was finalized. We got into a very ugly, heated argument and I said some things that I definitely regretted a few days after. I never got the chance to talk to her again or apologize due to anger, pride and the fact that two months after that she moved here to Cali to focus on her acting. She and Kelise  have been close since Kelise was in my womb, they talk almost everyday but they haven't seen each other in nine months so I know my baby was happy to see her Godmother.

"Yes you can sit with her but you have to ride to the show with me."

"Yayyyy!" She squealed before running into the bedroom

Crys is an amazing godparent and I'll never let our differences get in the way of her relationship with her godchildren.

"Alright Ki, I'm all done." T said after setting my face with some spray

I took a little cat nap in the chair while I waited for Shornell to come down and touch up my hair and then I started to get dressed.

Kelly's POV

"Oh Kelendriaaaaaa!" Michelle sang walking into the room where I was getting my hair done.

"Yes Chelly?"