1 | Where Are You?

Sakonji's pov

I strolled around the forest in the night, guided only by the silver glow of the moon above. The trees whispered ancient secrets, and the nocturnal symphony of crickets and owls enveloped me in a mysterious embrace.

Until, I saw her.

She walked in distress around the area I was taking a walk, so I slowly reached out for my katana not wanting to notify her. With one step, I launched at her but she seemed to already have noticed me and jumped away.

"I wanted to pretend that I didn't see you but if you insist having a fight..." her eyes glared at me in annoyance but I was surprised at her next words, "I don't have time, leave me alone." With that she continued walking with her head turning to different directions as if she was looking for something.
Since she's demon, I can't just let her go, and again, I tried to launch at her. She blocked my attack by simply catching my blade mid air and the next thing I know, many red rose petals flew in the air.
My katana was gone now only leaving the sword grip in my hand.

For the moment, I thought I was doomed since the weapon that can kill a demon I had with me was gone now.

"Leave me alone." was she said instead of attacking me which was confusing. She's leaving? Just like that? No desire to kill me?

"But if you really want to kill me..." she suddenly stopped facing me again, "help me find someone, if you find him, I let you kill me."

That was our deal she made with me that night.

Strangely, that 'someone' she was looking for was a person, and according to her description, it was a child around 8 or 9 years old.
I assumed she was planning on eating the child but if that was the case, I won't let that happen and kill her anyways.

Day one:

Since I was helping her looking for that child, she stayed around my place showing her sincerity to me that she won't run away and keep her word.
Unfortunately, I didn't find him today.

Day three:

"Did you find him?" she asked as I arrived home at night.

I didn't find him either.

Day seven:

"How about today?" she asked calmly.
I shook my head.

Nothing either, and I also started to ask some people around.

Day twelve:

"Any news?" she asked the question again with a small smile.
She sighed at my silence, "I appreciate that you accepted my offer, but if you can't find him, then I have to go and look for other places." she began as she stared at the moon, "By the way, I chopped some firewood for you and prepared the fireplace, so your home is cozy now."

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"You are helping me now, so I did your work instead so you could use more time looking for him."

"I can't let you walk free." I warned.

"Alright, I'll just wait for a bit longer."

Day fifteen:

"What are you doing!?" I pointed my sword at her as she was in a squatting position and her back was facing me. I saw blood dripping on the ground and she was eating someone.

"Eating of course..." I was relieved to see a dead animal in her hands after she turned around.

She watched me as I sheathed my sword back, "did you just think I was eating a person right now?" she chuckled, "I can't... and won't." those words turned quieter but I was still able to hear them.