8 | Are You Cold?

No ones pov

After their recovery, they were ready for missions again and the winged demon will accompany Tanjiro. No ones know when they'll come back so everyone grinned at the burgundy slayer as if they were expecting something until he comes back to the estate.

"Goodbye Ryu, be a good kid!" the winged demon said underneath the fox mask on Tanjiro's head.

"You don't have to say the same thing all over again oneesan!" Ryu sulked, "I'm big now, I can take care of myself."

"Yes, yes. Bye!"

"Bye oneesan, bye Tanjiro-nii!"

Their mission was on a snow mountain, the crow informed that several demons roamed there so it will take a while to kill all of them.

It was already dark when he arrived and and the darkness blinded him as he climped up the mountain. Suddenly, a snowstorm occurred as he was looking for shelter.

"To your right is a cave." he heard the mask say so he went there as told while picking up some sticks along the way.

In the cave, he tried to make a fire while y/n came out from the mask. With a hand motion, she covered the entrance with vines to avoid cold wind coming in. As she finished, the fire was also ready.

"Looks like, it will take a while before the storm calms down again. Let's continue tomorrow." y/n suggested while sitting at the fire.

Nezuko came out and snuggled into her. The cold might not affect her but nobody could resist the warmth. She also gestured Tanjiro to sit next to her.
"Come, I don't want you to freeze to death."

She wrapped her wings around each of the siblings while her body remained cold.

"Thanks," Tanjiro felt how warm and cozy it got after she wrapped her wing around him, he hold his hands closer to the fire.

Nezuko looked at her friend and then at her brother who's face was slightly red.
She had an idea; she stood up and went to her brother's side and tackled him into a hug causing him fall and lean on y/n's shoulder. She in response, wrapped both wings around them protecting them from the cold.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro exclaimed but froze after y/n placed her cold hand on his forehead.

"Are you alright? Your face is red, must be the cold." she spoke, "Nezuko, let your brother sit up, I'm making him cold."
Her wings might be warm but the rest of her body were cold as ice.

"You're not that cold..." Tanjiro commented, because around her, his body temperature has risen.

"Hm? You're turning warm..." y/n pointed out, "Fever?"

Nezuko pointed at her, "Hm, am I the problem?" y/n started.

"Not, of course not!" Tanjiro begged Nezuko to stop who only gave him a sly smirk in response.

"Do you perhaps have something to say, yet you can't?" at this Nezuko perked up and nodded wildly and Tanjiro's face turned redder.

"It's alright, I can wait."

'Wait?' Tanjiro thought for a while, the winged demon must have waited for something for a long time. Perhaps how she waited to finally find her brother, because the way how she said the phrase, it was like it was natural. She's demon who can wait for eternity and he, a human whos life ends one day.
He decided to tell her now.

"Y/n..." he gained her attention, "there is something I must tell you."

The winged demon turne dto him waiting for him to continue and Nezuko's eyes sparkled.