11 | I'll Wait For You

Reader's pov

It's that ringing again...

My head hurts...

Why?

"Oneesan?"

No ones pov

"Oneesan! You're finally awake!" Ryu hugged her.

"What happened Ryu? How did I get here?" she asked.

"I brought you here," she looked at the sound hashira who leaned against the door frame. It was night.

"Oh, thank you." she said.

"I should be the one thanking you," he sighed, "even though you... you know, you still helped us defeat the demon and saved my wives. Catch," he threw a dead rabbit at her, "I heard you like rabbits, so my wives got you one, they're not here but they also wanted to thank you."

"How are the others?" she asked.

"They're in the room next to yours, also I didn't tell anyone about your... battle. I'll be off now, bye." with that, he left.

"Oneesan, do you feel better now? I batched up your horns!" he said.

She touched her damaged antlers and felt the silk of the bandages, "I do feel better now, thanks Ryu, did the girls taught you how to use them?"

"Mhm!" he nodded.

"I want to go check on the others wanna come with me?" she placed the dead rabbit on her bed as she stood up.

He nodded and followed her.

She entered the room the trio was resting and she sat on the first bed where Tanjiro rested.

"I hope all of you are getting well soon, and sorry for the damage I caused." she didn't remember what she did but she did know, it was bad.

"Ryu, go and sleep first, neesan is staying a bit longer."

"Okay," he listened, "Goodnight."

She sighed after a while and intended to leave them alone.

"Y/n?"

"You're awake Zenitsu?" she turned to him, "I'm glad you're alright."

"We're all fine, don't worry." he replied.

She hesitated but still asked, "Was I... very bad?" she spoke about herself when she lost control.

"Not really..." he answered, "But you didn't hurt him badly," he looked at Tanjiro.

"I attacked him?" her voice was filled with guilt.

"No, you only hit him lightly," Zenitsu added, "you mostly focused on attacking the two demons."

"Is that so..." she smiled at him, "I won't disturb you any further, rest well. Goodnight."

"Goodnight y/n."

She visited them every night and no one saw nor heard her during the day.
She waited for him to wake up.

---

Some years before:

"Oneesan? Aren't you sad?" young Ryu asked.

"Hm? Why should I be sad?" the winged demon asked.

"Because oneesan can't go out during the day anymore." Ryu explained.

"I... don't know," she said honestly, "Oneesan has trouble with some emotions now. I forgot some of them."