7 | You'll See

No ones pov

'Why is it so quiet?' the winged demon thought and left the mask. Morphing back, she stood in the centre of the asleep slayers and looked around.

Everyone was asleep.

"Mhm!" Nezuko hugged her from behind, glad that she finally find someone who was also awake. It scared her that nobody answered her.

"There there~" y/n comforted her and started to investigate. Outstanding were the ropes that connected the slayers and some children. Was it safe to cut through?

Nezuko seemed to understand your thoughts and started to burn the ropes away.

"Good job Nezuko. Stay here, I'll go check the passengers." y/n proposed and after receiving a nod, she left.

Reader's pov

It's quiet... Too quiet.

I've been walking back and forth to get any clues but there were none so I decided to go back and see if the others have woken up yet.

But the whole train suddenly changed which disgusted me and some tentacles appeared in front of me. It was the well known flesh manipulation which most demons controlled and it looked like, the opponent fused with the train. How disgusting.

The tentacles moved around me as if they were inspecting me but I simply touched one which faded into flower petals.
As expected, more of those tentacles appeared and they charged at me.

While dodging them, I turned them into more petals until a tentacle wrapped around my arm stopping me from moving. Being distracted, more of them wrapped around my body, holding me down and their grip became tighter.

'Shit...'

Tanjiro's pov

I dashed forward with Inosuke and I saw that y/n was in danger. The tentacles almost covered her whole body, consuming her. How dare they!

I slashed through them freeing y/n and she thanked me.

"The demon fused with the train, in other words, we're inside the demon now." she informed.

"Huh? So you say we're inside it's belly?!" Inosuke wondered and she nodded, "sort of."

"Y/n, do you have an idea where the head could be?" I asked so she moved her hand under her chin, "the front."

With that being said, we climped to the top of the train while y/n flew above us. More tentacles appeared and their eyes opened again. Before they could make me dream again, y/n turned them into flower petals which danced in the air.

"Go to the front and cut its head! I'll take care of these!" she declared.

...

"Tanjiro!" y/n landed besides me, "Who did this to you?!"

She was talking about my stab wound on my abdomen, "Tell me, I'll kill them!"

"You can't do that, y/n. Leave it, Inosuke is already dealing with it." I said.

"Really?" she sighed while sitting down. She looked around thinking what she could do against the bleeding, so she pressed her hands on my wound after finding nothing.

Rengoku-san came and thanks to him, I stopped the bleeding after focusing on my breathing.

Y/n seemed to notice something and quickly protected me with her wings but Rengoku-san already cut something.