3 | You Did It!

Tanjiro's pov

In no time Nezuko and y/n got along which made me glad. They often do things together at night, like braiding each others hair, giving head pats or giving each other cuddles. Sometimes, I could smell that Ryu was jealous but he was also glad to see his sister being happy.

The weeks passed quietly, Ryu and I continued to train and did some household stuff. And on one day, I heard bells ringing from afar.

My swordsmith came.

No ones pov

Haganezuka was convinced that the blade will turn crimson red but he was wrong. Instead the sword turned black only leaving a small white spot at the tilt.

Was it that bad?

Soon, a crow landed on the window frame and gave the boy his first mission. He went to change into his new demon slayer uniform and as he finished, Urokodaki approached him and handed him a box which was made from a specific wood making it very light.

"As for y/n..." he started, "let's see what to do with her."

Tanjiro instructed Nezuko to go inside the box and she fitted perfectly.

"Oneesan, can you turn small too?" Ryu asked and she nodded.

"I can, but I don't think you can carry me. Oneesan...is a bit heavy." she stated, "but I can do something else."

Everyone watched how she walked over the desk and picked up his fox mask which had whiskers, then she helped him wearing but instead putting that mask on his face, she moved it to the side of the head, adjacent to the face, providing coverage while allowing easy visibility and comfort.

In a mystical transformation, she enveloped herself with wings that morphed into a cascade of leaves, gracefully drifting towards the boy. The leaves, like nature's whispers, sought refuge behind his mask, blending enchantment with secrecy.

"Neesan will be staying behind your mask." they heard her say.

"Wow amazing!" Ryu touched his mask and was more amazed how all the leaves fitted inside his mask and it wasn't heavy at all.

"One more thing Ryu," Urokodaki began and handed him a small blue haori with white clouds, "You should wear this to keep yourself warm."

"Thank you gramps!" and Urokodaki helped him wearing it.

"Y/n, I leave everyone to you." he said to the winged demon who was still behind Ryu's mask, "Take care."

"You too," he heard her answer, "we will all miss you."

They bidded farewell to their teacher and started their journey.

As Urokodaki went back inside after he couldn't see his student figures anymore. The place turned quiet. Very quiet. He spotted something on the desk where Ryu's fox was and he walked over to take a closer look. It was a white feather that faded to a light green color which was a gift from y/n. He'll definitely use it as a bookmark.

---

"Caw! Young girls went missing! Young girls!" the crow informed as they arrived in front of a village.

"Let's go, Ryu." Tanjiro took Ryu's hand and entered the village. They walked pass a young man with many bruises on his face and hearing the villagers gossip, they knew that they have to ask him some questions.

"You two might not believe me..." he commented but still showed them the place where his fiance dissappeared.

"We believe you!" they said at the time and Tanjiro started to sniff the ground looking for clues.