6 | You Can Do It

No ones pov

The rehabilitation started for the trio while Ryu helped around the estate after feeling better. He didn't like to sit still and do nothing, so he insisted the help out.

Tonight, the winged demon pulled the blanket up again that Ryu tossed around in his sleep and went out. That's was her routine; she either hid under the fox mask stick with Ryu during the day or play with Nezuko, and at night she mostly sat on the roof staring at the horizons or the moon.

A door slid open notifying her and lokking down, it was Ryu.

"Oneesan?" he called out and she jumped quietly down next to him.

"Nightmare?" she asked and he nodded which made her sigh. Ever since the event in mount natagumo, he had trouble sleeping and had nightmares.
Was he traumatised by something?

Realization hit her, she remembered, he saw something that normally children shouldn't see. Her upper head got cut off by the water hashira. Yes, it was all his fault.

"Say Ryu, what kind of dreams do you dream now, and what was your nightmare now?" she asked carefully.

"Nothing..." he replied, "I was all alone and nobody was there. Everything was dark and just then I dreamed that neesan just dissappeared..."

"Is that so?" she walked forward, "Come, I'll show you a place." but after noticing that he didn't wear any shoes she picked him up and placed him on her shoulders. He grabbed her antlers for balance and they started to leave the butterfly mansion.

After some minutes of walking, they arrived in a field and she placed him down.
"Ryu, it's dark here right? Except for the moonlight and stars, there's no light, right?" she began.

The boy looked around and nodded.

"What do we do if there's no light?" she asked him.

"Make a fire?"

"Yes, we either make light or just look for light." she moved some grass with her hands and they started to glow, taking a closer look those are fireflies.
"Darkness can't exist alone Ryu, if there's darkness light must be somewhere else and we should look for it, just like your dreams. If you find yourself in darkness, go find light and you will find it. As for neesan..." she chuckled, "How can I dissappear? Aren't I here?"

Amidst the moonlit night, the field lay bathed in silvery glow. The winged demkn, compelled by an enchanting rhythm, began to dance gracefully upon the soft grass. Each movement summoned fireflies, as if the night itself was orchestrating a magical symphony.

Her little brother, wide-eyed and captivated, watched in awe as she twirled and spun, weaving through the sea of luminous insects. With each step, the fireflies joined the dance, casting a shimmering aura around the siblings.

As she picked up pace, running and twirling, more fireflies gathered, creating a celestial trail in her wake. The night seemed to respond to her every move, as if acknowledging the beauty of this impromptu dance.

In a moment of breathtaking conclusion, she halted, arms outstretched, and her wings unfurled toward the heavens. The fireflies, now a constellation of twinkling lights, swirled around her in a mesmerizing display. Ryu, overcome with wonder, couldn't help but join in the silent applause of nature's nocturnal performance.

"Even if you don't see me, neesan is always there! You still have the feather right? If you keep it at your side, oneesan will never disappear." she spoke with a smile.

A sudden sneeze from him made her worry again, right, the night was cool and she as a demon can't get affected by it. But her brother has cold now.

She walked towards him, picked him up and used her wings to give him warmth.
"Let's go back now." she said and walked back to the estate.