Chapter-22

▨▨▨▨▨

"You don't mean.."

"..the Flame Hashira, Kyojiro Rengoku.. was killed by a demon"

"Isn't it just a dream though? It wouldn't possibly happen.. right?", Li questioned still in doubt.

"Yeah.. you're right but something about this whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.."

"sigh so what are you planning to do?"

"Well..", Y/n smirked putting both her hands on her waist, giving a heroic pose, "..it's time for Y/n Ubuyashiki to steal the spotlight once again!!"

"Sometimes I even worry when you'll finally grow up.."

"Whether it turns out to be real or not isn't it better to take precautions just in case? Kyojiro's also my friend and I don't want to see him get hurt."

'..but I wish for you to be as kind and thoughtful as you are now and live a happy life with good health for a very very long time', Li thought as she smiled to herself.

"Why are you suddenly smiling? Creepy...", Y/n said as she looked at her with distaste.

"No cookies for a whole week", Li pouted as she turned her back on Y/n, leaving the room while smiling, '..I wish you the very best.. my kind lady..'

"GREAT LIIIII I'M SORRYYYY COME BACKKK"

The next day

"Here are your cookies..", Li handed Y/n three large pouches full of cookies.

" Great Li..", Y/n said getting all emotional, "..thank you so much"

Taking some few steps forward Y/n threw her arms around Li bringing her to an embrace, "Take care while I'm gone.. and also give my regards to those three kids and make sure that jer- I mean Kaito stays away from my room"

"Don't worry.. as long as I'm here that jer- ahem Kaito won't even dare to get 100m closer to your room"

"Thank you. Oh! and also..", Y/n said breaking the embrace, "..tell Muichiro that I'll be away for sometime and tell him not to come looking for me since I'll be coming back soon"

"I don't remember this being a romance genre? I can't believe my master is finally finding 𝓵.𝓸.𝓿.𝓮"

"Please that guy wouldn't leave me alone so just help me this once"

"So it's a stalking genre not a romance genre", Li pondered, "..okay okay I'll be sure to rely your words to him. Now, aren't you getting late?"

"Oh yes!"

"Well then.. take care Y/n sama", Li did a whole 90° bow as she gave her a warm and assuring smile, "..we'll be waiting for your safe return"

Y/n waved her goodbye as she walked away, heading towards the direction to where the Infinity Train is.

In the train station

"What? The train has already departed?", Y/n yelled, bringing to the attention of the people around her.

" Yes, Miss. You're half an hour late", the young man in the counter replied.

"And to think I woke up even early today.."

"I'm sorry.. Would you like to book a ticket for the next train instead?"

"When will it be arriving?"

"Tomorrow"

"Gahhhhh", Y/n panicked, "I have to be there right now though!!"

"Ah! It wouldn't have gotten that far.. right?", Y/n questioned the man.

"I guess it wouldn't take more than half an hour if u take a car from here but-"

"Okay thank you, mister!!", Y/n quickly ran away leaving the young man completely speechless.

"Ah.. I'm only 20 though.."

'If I keep running at this speed I'll probably catch up with the train..'

°°°°

A person who can't even possibly read the room and act or think like a normal person even for a single second..Y/n.

The people around her were in a panic to see a young girl suddenly jump down to the tracks and start running.

There is only one thing people would think in that situation, "Is she trying to end her life?"

Of course normal citizens like them wouldn't know about the existence of the demon slayer corps.

"What is she doing?"

"Someone jumped down the tracks!!"

"IS SHE CRAZY??"

"Little girl!! Come back up!!"

"The next train is about to arrive"

"Quickly call the security!!"

"What's with the noise..", Y/n turned to see a bunch of people staring at her and waving at her to get out of the way.

As stupid as one could get Y/n thought those people were waving her goodbye, 'People here are very friendly...', she gave them a big smile waving back at them, "Thank you, everyone!! Goodbyeee"

Idiot

After an hour of running, Y/n stopped on her tracks as she gasped for air, taking a little break she noticed a gleam of light not so far away from her, "It's the Infinity Train!!"

She stared into the distance before she paused feeling something familiar coming from the train, "Wait.. this is so weird..."

"Don't tell me..", Y/n furrowed her eyebrows as she held onto her katana, "..this whole ass train is a demon??"

To be cont...

Heyhey~ Wisterians!!

Thanks for reading another one of my chapters..

Sorry for the late update again( T ʖ̯ T)

See ya soon🎀✨