Chapter-23

Preview
▨▨▨▨▨

After an hour of running, Y/n stopped on her tracks as she gasped for air, taking a little break she noticed a gleam of light not so far away from her, "It's the Infinity Train!!"

She stared into the distance before she paused feeling something familiar coming from the train, "Wait.. this is so weird..."

"Don't tell me..", Y/n furrowed her eyebrows as she held onto her katana, "..this whole ass train is a demon??"

▨▨▨▨▨

Y/n paused for a moment, as her lips later formed into a big smile, "Now.. isn't this exciting??"

She quickly ran towards the train, slowly sneaking inside.

Y/n was now standing face to face with the so-called lower moon demon

"Hmm? Well isn't this a new face?? Did you just arri- ugh", the demon's head was cut off before he could even finish his sentence.

"You're cute but shut it", Y/n sternly commented.

'So fast', the demon thought as he slowly turned his head to face towards Y/n, realising something he paused, 'she's..'

'As I thought, it's not his main body', Y/n blankly stared at the demon as she noticed the demon's lips slowly forming a smile.

"You want to know why I'm not dead after you decapitated me, don't you?", the demon said as another layer of meat formed below his head, quickly multiplying as it supported his head.

'ugh disgusting'

"Fine. Since I'm feeling ecstatic right now. It's so easy even an infant would understand. It's because the body over there...blah blah blah"

'What is he even blabbering about..', Y/n poked her finger into her ears as she scratched the inside.

"Are you even listening?!!"

"Yeah yeah please continue", Y/n said as she blew the dirt off her finger.

"Ahem, anyways while everyone was snoozing away..", the demon smirked as he moved his head like some earthworm who just touched salt, "..I fused with this train!"

°°°

°°°

"Why aren't you saying anything?!!", the demon yelled, disappointed that he couldn't get the reaction he wanted.

"Was that supposed to be a secret or something?", Y/n slowly walked towards the demon, now standing right in front of him, she smirked, "About that.. sorry to disappoint you but I already knew that.. it was so easy even an infant would have guessed"

"How..."

"It's okay.. you were against me after all. I don't blame you"

"Wait, this can't be..", the demon started to panic, pressing his head down in denial before he faced Y/n again, "..was it you?!!"

A smile made its way up to Y/n's face as she enjoyed the demon's reaction, "Took you long enough"

"H-how is this possible?!! The humans...", the demon continued, ".. they're all gone!!"

"Well isn't that surprising.."

Few moments back when Y/n sneaked into the train

"Tanjiro?"

"Huh? That voice..", Tanjiro beamed as he ran towards the owner of the voice, "..Y/n!!"

"Everyone's asleep.. are you okay??", Y/n started scanning all over Tanjiro, searching if he had any injuries.

" I-I'm fine", his face turning red, he slightly pushed Y/n away from him assuring her he was okay.

"That's good..", Y/n sighed patting his shoulder, "..sorry I'm late"

"N-No you're not.. besides everyone's fine for now"

"Is it? I'm glad to hear that..", Y/n scanned the room as she noticed some kids lying on the floor,one of them standing right beside Tanjiro with tears forming in his eyes, "..did I... interrupt something?"

"It's a long story...", Tanjiro said as he awkwardly scratched his head.

"Oh? You have Tuberculosis don't you?", Y/n stepped towards the pale-skinned boy, slowly placing a bottle on his hands, "I met someone with the same condition as yours years back and made this medicine, it'll help you.. just take it twice a day after food"

"Ah.. I-", the boy cried as he tightly held onto the bottle, "..thank you so much"

"There there", Y/n said, softly patting his head.

"Now then..", Y/n flicked her finger as she mumbled, "Reverse Breathing: First form.. Cancel out"

The three slayers who were previously asleep were now awake.

"Huh?"

"How did you.."

"Hold the questions for later, the real party's just starting..", Y/n smirked, placing a finger on her lips.

To be continued...

Hey Wisterians!!

Been a while huh..

Hope it was a fun read?

Have a great day/night

Byeeee