[☀︎] - First day

A/N: HELPPP cause why tf did y'all like this book, i was rereading it and THAT SHIT WAS SO CRINGY 😭😭😭, anyways early update purrrr 😻😽✨
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Gon, you're gonna be late" Mito yells, leaning against the door frame and glancing over at the boy who was still buried under the covers.

"I hear you." Gon groaned as he sat up, feeling lightheaded.

Gon dreaded nothing more than going to school, it was filled with nothing but self centered and arrogant people, who will do just about anything to fit in.

"I left breakfast downstairs for you, but I have to get down to the bakery." Mito smiled, feeling a twinge of guilt for making the boy leave.

"Yeah, thanks." Gon let out a sigh, his voice sounding raspy; He fixed his gaze on his pajama shorts, his breathing gradually calming down as his eyes adapted to the surrounding light.

Mito offered a gentle smile, "Have a good day, okay?"

Gon rose to his feet and gave a nod as Mito departed; He reluctantly began making his bed, feeling anxious about the prospect of starting over at a new school.

Although his previous school wasn't ideal, he did find some level of comfort there. Gon stretched contemplating whether he could skip today; However, he quickly realized it might not be the best idea and rolled his eyes and decided just to go.

Upon arriving at the school, Gon glanced up at the towering doors. He reached into his pocket and retrieved his phone, checking the time.

With a sigh, he realized that he only had a few minutes left until the bell rang. He heads up the stairs; His hands held onto the railing for support.

As Gon entered into the building he looked around, not seeing many people in the hallways, most likely already in the classes that were about to take place.

A friendly voice interrupted his thoughts. "Good morning, is there something I can help you with?" a woman asked, her smile welcoming.

Gon's gaze briefly flickered down to the sign-in sheet, noticing the organized rows of names and signatures.

"I just need my schedule, please," Gon replied, mustering a polite smile and tilting his head slightly as he showed his student ID number.

The woman handed him his neatly printed schedule, her warm smile never fading; The corners of the paper were slightly creased from being carefully folded.

"Here you are, honey. Have a nice first day," she said kindly.

"Thank you." Gon smiled and walked towards the lockers, struggling to find his own.

When Gon found his locker, he struggled to open it because, unlike in his former school, locker combinations are used here.

"Do you need help?"

"Yeah, thanks." Gon replied with a grateful smile, his voice tinged with relief.

Gon, feeling slightly annoyed, casually withdrew his hand from the locker, allowing his arms to naturally rest by his side.

His attention shifted towards a blond male who was standing nearby, his shoulder-length hair gently brushing against his shoulders.

Gon watched as he approached his locker and held out his hand, "Can I see that?"

"Excuse me?" Gon hummed, unsure what he meant.

The blonde laughed, "The piece of paper in your hand, it has your combination on it."