Chapter 11

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know that I merged some chapters, which is why there are now only 11. When I started writing this fanfiction, I really had no clue what I was doing, and it bothered me that some chapters didn't have many words. I'm sorry if this deleted some comments from you 🥺, but now the chapters are going to be longer. I hope I'm forgiven? 🥹

Much love to you ♥️
PS.: The new chapter is mixed with the last one, so there is a new chapter in here after the part you already know :)

______________________________________________________________________

"And now... a deep breath again."

Lana listened attentively to every word Trish uttered, her legs gracefully crossed as she sat on a cozy yoga mat in the middle of her sunlit living room. The gentle guidance of her friend led her through the rhythmic inhalations and exhalations, creating a serene atmosphere. Despite the calming ambiance, the brunette couldn't resist occasionally stealing glances at her phone, a subtle distraction from the meditative exercise.

"Okay, we'll stop here."

"What? Why? We have at least 10 more minutes."

Trish, with a raised eyebrow, easily rose from the floor, her movements mirroring the tranquility she aimed to instill. "Yeah," she nodded, "but since our session started, you've been breaking your state of calmness every five minutes, looking at your phone."

"I don't-" the brunette began to protest, but the truth lingered in the air, making denial futile. "I'm sorry, I'm just waiting for a text."

"From?"

"Jen."

"Oh," Trish responded, and the slight undercurrent of disappointment in her voice didn't escape Lana's notice.

"What were you hoping?" the brunette inquired, her eyebrows furrowing skeptically.

"I don't know, I thought maybe you met someone."

"Well, I didn't," the brunette mumbled, a tinge of offense coloring her words. She redirected her attention to her phone, unlocking it with a swift motion. It had been exactly three days since they all had their girls' night at Lana's house — which meant it's also been exactly three days since she and Jen had that conversation about their past.

"And now you're scrolling on Instagram."

The brunette tore the display of her phone away from her friend's sight. "You said we were done."

"Yeah, yeah," the other woman smirked, raising her hands defensively, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Do you know what's weird?"

"Tell me," Trish answered, before getting back onto the floor and positioning herself next to Lana.

"You know that sometimes Instagram suggests people you may know, right? And I think it just recommended Marcus to me."

"Marcus?", she asked, a hint of confusion in her voice. "Who is that?"

"Jen's fiancé. I mean, I think it's him because they follow each other, and he's really handsome."

Trish looked down onto the phone screen, nodding. "He really is handsome, wow. Does he have any pictures with Jen on his page?"

Lana kept scrolling, shaking her head. "No, I don't see any. Maybe she wants her relationship to be private? I mean, she's been that way with all her other boyfriends."

"She seems like the private type."

"She is," the brunette confirmed, her tone thoughtful. "Sometimes it's weird that she chose to be an actress because of how introverted she is in large groups."