CHAPTER 1: THE START OF THE ROAD

"Atlas," Kairi called out to the large Gible beside her seat who looked up at Kairi with curiosity. "Gib?" Atlas called out, tilting her head as Kairi turned towards Atlas with a small smile, gently stroking Atlas by the head, while Atlas returned the affectionate by rubbing her face against Kairi's hand with content growls rumbling the land shark's throat.

Kairi stared out at the window, watching the clouds and Pidove fly by along with the Swannas and Duckletts. "This is going to be the step of our adventure together. Once we get that PokeDex, that's where it'll begin. Right?" Kairi asked as her starry eyes gazed down at Atlas who flashed her sharp, serrated teeth at Kairi. A sharp smile. "Gib, gibbllee!" Atlas cried out, raising her small claws up.

"Right. We're going to travel the world together... meet new people, find friends, experience the world... everything Atlas. Together." Kairi rambled on at Gible who jumped up and down happily, nodding. "Gib, gible!" Atlas cried out once more, waving herself around. "You're excited too, huh?" Kairi stifled her laugh as she poked Atlas by the cheek, making the Gible take a soft nibble on the trainer's finger.

"We will soon be landing at Nuvema Harbor, buckle your seatbelts passengers." The flight attendant announced. We're almost there... Kairi thought excitedly, practically bouncing in her seat. It was like a child waiting in the front of the candy store to open. Except this was for Pokemon and an adventure.

Soon, the plane arrived safely on the water, gently sliding itself along the shores towards the port. Then, the plane stops fully. "Everyone please proceed to leave the plane in a single file line," the flight attendant called as Kairi unbuckled her seatbelt, pulling herself up as Atlas hopped off of her seat trailing behind her.

Once Kairi departed from the sea plane, she gasped loudly and stared up at the blue skies. "Wooaa... look at the view Atlas!" Kairi exclaimed. "Giibb..." Atlas was awed by the sparkling blue oceans lighting against the sunlight. Kairi laughed softly to herself before calling over Atlas. "C'mon Atlas, we gotta go to Nuvema Town now!" Atlas perked her head up and ran over to Kairi.

"There's a long road ahead of us... since we're traveling by foot, it'll be a long walk." Kairi sighed and dropped her posture. She knew that by car it would be faster, however she did not have the luxury. "Ah, there you are Kairi!" A voice called out to the younger trainer who picked her head up in confusion, trying to find where the voice came from.

And second of all, who was that?

"Right over here," the voice instructed. Kairi's vision now aligned with a young lady in front of her wearing a pale blue lab coat, white shirt, along with a green skirt. She had pale creamy skin with green eyes and her light chocolate hair tied up in a curly-like ponytail. "I'm Professor Juniper. I'm the one you were supposed to meet up due to your mother's request," Juniper addressed as she walked down the stairs, waving her hand to greet Kairi. The girl blinked in confusion.

"I was?"

"You were."

"Oh...!"

A burst of laughter erupts from Professor Juniper. "Your mother didn't tell you I suppose? No worries. Come on, I'll give you a quick ride to the lab. There are a few other people waiting to get their Pokemon..." Juniper's words trailed off, staring down at the large Gible beside Kairi, her eyes widening in curiosity. "Oh, is this your starter Pokemon?" She questions as she squats down towards Atlas' height and pets the Gible's head. "She's abnormally big for a normal Gible," she stated before getting back up to her feet and glancing at Kairi.

"Haha! Yeah, she was even bigger than me when I was a kid. I remember my dad telling me that she's 4'7" ft tall. Pretty tall for a Gible. She's almost at my height..." Kairi mumbled as she eyed Atlas, who looked up innocently at the two. "4'7"?! That's a really large Gible for sure... I haven't seen one so big before. Normally Gibles are around 2'4" ft tall..." Juniper eyed at Atlas with curiosity before brushing it off.