CHAPTER 5: ENIGMA N AND SCALLOPING OSHAWOTT

Accumula Town had so many things to explore! When you're on an adventure on your own, you're sure to make decisions that you can make yourself. Whether... they're good decisions! And bad decisions such as spending too much money, but Kairi's sure she'll be able to get that money back!

... Hopefully.

She opened up her wallet, seeing barely any Pokedollars left in her wallet. She let out a heavy sigh with a soft chuckle. I'll have to stop spending so much money... She thought to herself as she closed her wallet as she watched Atlas get in front of her with awe, looking around the tall buildings.

"Wow, you spent a lot of money didn't you?" Iris questioned with a small smile on her face. The cerulean girl jumped up from hearing the same girl from yesterday at the Battle Club. "H–huh?! When did you–?" "It's not that hard to recognize a very blue girl with a white beret hat!" Iris interrupted, her lips turning into a grin before glancing down at Atlas. Now her eyes sparkled in awe as she ran up to Atlas, kneeling down in front of the Gible and petting her... aggressively and with such affection in addition to ignoring the Rough Skin.

Atlas returned the affection, letting out happy and soft cries. Kairi sheepishly laughed and held her hand out towards Iris. "You can... stop petting Atlas like that now." In which Iris tilted her head at Kairi before quietly obliged her request.

"Graahh!" Atlas cried out as she turned towards Kairi with sparkles in her eyes. The trainer only chuckled softly as she proceeded to put her wallet away in her bag. "Pretty big, huh?" Kairi asked and gazed up at the gigantic buildings. "Do you think you'll grow up into a really big and strong Garchomp?" Kairi wondered with a huge grin on her face.

Iris gasped softly just at the thought of seeing a live Garchomp in front of her! She simply squealed in delight. That would be a dream come true for her!

Atlas only pondered and imagined herself... growing up into a strong and giant Garchomp! For that day to come, it's a long way for sure. "Gibb! Gibble!" Atlas waved her claws up in the air in excitement and hopped in circles around Kairi. She laughed and patted Atlas by the head.

Now as for Axew, they were thinking of when they would evolve into a Haxorus... when that day comes, it'll be a dream come true. "Ax, axew!" He exclaimed as he ran up to Atlas, now conversing about their future evolutions.

"Can't wait for that day to come too, Atlas! Though, I wonder where the park is..." Kairi exclaimed then mumbled. Abruptly she heard a crash near one of the alleyways. Kairi and Iris turned their heads towards the sound and furrowed her brows. Did no one else hear that? She thought to herself, glancing around her surroundings. Yet, nobody was there. Except Iris obviously.

How odd.

"C'mon, let's go check it out." Kairi urged the group, who eagerly nodded as they both ran towards the noise down the alleyway. Was it a smart move? Of course not, yet curiosity killed the Purrloin.

Soon arriving at the scene, there seemed to be an Oshawott and a Purrloin arguing, fighting each other. The Oshawott held its scalchop tightly while the Purrloin sat on a stairway with a smug look on its face, filing its claws as it didn't pay attention to the otter Pokemon.

Kairi pulled out her Pokedex on both of the Pokemon.

Purrloin, the Devious Pokemon. They steal from people for fun, but their victims can't help but forgive them. Their deceptively cute act is perfect. Its cute act is a ruse. When victims let down their guard, they find their items taken. It attacks with sharp claws.

Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokemon. The scalchop on its stomach is made from the same elements as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade. It fights using the scalchop on its stomach. In response to an attack, it retaliates immediately by slashing.