CHAPTER 3: SWEET VENOMOUS VENIPEDE!

Remember when I said I was going to go to Accumula Town? I'm sure you know where this is going sadly... When I said that, I never would've thought I'd become lost... in Route 1!

Kairi groaned quietly as she wandered aimlessly throughout the route. You might be questioning and asking yourself... Hey, why don't you use your Xtransceiver? See the problem is that... that thing has been blinking for most of the time after the small farewells towards the unknown group that she unexpectedly met. This was horrid, terrible even! And she has been in Unova for her entire life up to this point! Yes!

But then again... doesn't mean you'll know every nook and cranny of Unova. Kairi let out another groan of discomfort as she tapped onto the screen of her Xtransceiver that continued to blink and flash softly against her face. "... I feel like my Xtransceiver is laughing at my stupidity." Kairi grumbled to herself as Atlas looked around her surroundings with curiosity. "Gib?" Atlas called to her trainer, who answered her calls by looking down at her with a sheepish smile. "Atlas, I may have unfortunate news." Kairi started as she rubbed the back of her neck. Atlas cried back at the girl, tilting her head. "We... might be lost." Atlas let out a shocked noise, jumping up slightly. "Gib!?!" Yes Atlas, Kairi would also be very shocked and upset that she got herself into this situation.

A rookie mistake, always being lost! Maybe everyone has been lost at one point of their lives, but when you're starting out your journey? That's the worst! Then again, what do you expect? This is her first time going out by herself without her mother by her side. "Well... there's no need to rush to get to Accumula Town," She attempted to reassure herself, but mostly to her partner Pokemon who looked worried. Despite Atlas being nearly her height (which is still gawking) and could possibly knock over the tiniest Pokemon within Route 1.

"I guess we can... take in nature and look at the scenery." Which was true. Despite the horrid situation of being lost in the easiest and simplest route (according to other people), there was still the lushful greenery fluttering about, the sounds of waters running down streams, Pokemon skittering about. For some reason, it was calming. Can it erase her being upset that she got lost? No, of course not entirely, but at least it subsided most of her disappointment in herself.

Now going to the direction of where she should go throughout Route 1 was dangerous, especially if she didn't have her Xtransceiver booted up by then. This was a pain in the ass, but she'll slowly get there...! "Alright, where do we go... Accumula Town is right after Route 1 I know that much," she mumbled to herself, rubbing her chin in thought. The girl was deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice the bushes nearby rustling. "Gib?" Atlas eyed at the bushes carefully. Noticing the slight movement from her Gible, she gazed down at Atlas. "What's wrong, Atlas?" The navy blue haired girl asked the small land shark Pokemon who pointed at the rustling bushes where a small Pokemon with a maroon, dark wine red shell popped out from the bushes as its antennas vibrated.

"Woah... what is that Pokemon?" Kairi questioned as she pulled out her Pokedex, scanning the Pokemon.

Venipede, the Centipede Pokemon. It discovers what is going on by using the feelers on its head and tail. While finding prey, it injects a potent poison, enough to paralyze large bird Pokémon that try to prey on it. It is brutally aggressive.

"Wow... A Venipede... That's awesome–! Wait a minute..." Kairi trailed off, eyeing back at the text of the Pokedex. It is brutally aggressive. The Venipede picked its head up, staring at Kairi and Atlas with a blank look on its face while the two sweatdropped comically seeing the Venipede was staring at them. "Veni...!" The Venipede let out a frightened cry and ran from the opposite direction from the two. "... That Venipede wasn't aggressive, huh..." Kairi stared at the direction in which the Pokemon went while Atlas just shrugged and shook her head. "Gib...."