CHAPTER 2: KAIRI VS. HILBERT! THE FIRST STEPS OF THE ADVENTURE!

"But know this Hilbert, Atlas and I aren't backing down easily..."

Hilbert's eyes flared up like a small flame suddenly sparking brightly. A sudden spark of anticipation and excitement, the thrill running through their veins. Both of them were ready to have their Pokemon battle.

"Oshawott and I won't back down easily either, Kairi." Hilbert grinned as Oshawott raised his shell from his stomach with a prideful look on its face. "Osha, oshawott!" Oshawott furrowed its brows, grinning ready to battle and win this for his trainer!

Atlas stood in front of Kairi, snarling and showing off her sharp serrated teeth at Oshawott. Size wise, Atlas wins this fight. However size didn't mean anything. What mattered was how you handled the battle, how you controlled the field. You have to be the puppeteer of the field because if one of your strings becomes loose.

You may not have control of that field anymore.

"Suppose I'll be the judge then..." Cheren sighed, pushing his glasses up. He knew that Hilbert always loved battling others. He was battle-spirited and loud, but calm and collected. Those were traits that may have contradicted each other, but Hilbert was an enigma even for Cheren. "On the left we have Hilbert with Oshawott, while on the right we have Kairi with Atlas. Which one will win this battle?" Cheren announced, gesturing to the fighters on the stage.

Hilbert gripped the brim of his hat tightly, lowering it as Oshawott's foot took a small step back preparing to tackle on towards Atlas if their trainer commanded them to. Meanwhile, Atlas opened her mouth to show off her large teeth and attempted to look intimidating as she lowered her claws and Kairi slid her foot to the left, twisting her heel deep into the dirt.

"We'll be using the normal format. Whoever's Pokemon faints first is the winner," Cheren said as he eyed the two fired up trainers. He wondered who would win... Hilbert or Kairi? Hilbert had a slight advantage since he had knowledge of battling thanks to his younger days, but Kairi... Well, he doesn't know much about Kairi but he knows he shouldn't underestimate the girl.

Seeing that huge Gible, she probably holds a large amount of raw power just by its gigantic size. "Are our contestants ready?"

"Ready!"

"Ready."

"Then let us not waste anymore time... begin!"

"Alright Oshawott, let's start off with a Tackle!" Hilbert commanded his Oshawott as the otter Pokemon dashed towards Atlas with all of his might. "Atlas, let's show Oshawott a tackle of your own!" Atlas nodded and rushed towards Oshawott with a tackle of her own, rushing towards Oshawott with her own body. Then they clashed with each other, however due to Atlas' huge size Oshawott was sent flying back towards Hilbert. "Oshawott, are you ok?" Hilbert stared down at Oshawott, who gave him a firm nod. "Osha, osha!" Oshawott quickly got back to his feet, getting in front of Hilbert once more.

I was correct... The sheer size of Atlas is enough to knock over my Oshawott. I should be more careful... Hilbert thought. "Alright Atlas, let's shoot out a Dragon Rage at Oshawott!" Hilbert's thoughts were interrupted by Kairi's command as Atlas opened her mouth, firing a powerful blue blast towards Oshawott who awaited for Hilbert's command. "Giibblleee!"

"Oshawott, quick, dodge the attack!" Hilbert cried out as Oshawott quickly dodged the attack by swiftly jumping to the left, barely scraping by the Dragon Rage.

"Not on my watch, Atlas use Sand Attack on Oshawott quickly!" Kairi instructed Atlas who swiped her tail against the sand that got in Oshawott's eyes. "Oshaaa! Oshawott, wott!" Oshawott cried, trying to brush the sand away from its eyes. "Oshawott, no! Calm down and concentrate!" Hilbert exclaimed as Oshawott waved its arms in the air.