Chapter 27

Barbara and Carter had come over to Kord Industries headquarters as soon as Barbara had gotten the call from Ted about a possible suspect in Jenny's plane going down.

"Wait, so you're saying that your sister all but admitted that she knew that Jenny's plane was shot down." Barbara asked.

"Considering how surprised she was to see me alive and how she was coming into my dad's office to console him when he hadn't even announced that my plane had gone down yet, that all seems pretty suspicious to me." Jenny said.

"I agree, but unfortunately, even with security camera footage, it's all circumstantial, since Victoria never confessed to anything. We need something more concrete." Barbara said regrettably.

"So, we need to find undeniable proof of her attempting murder?" Ted asked.

"Yeah. Or any other charge, like corporate espionage and conspiracy, since I know you've been having Winn look into her off the books operations. Including the OMAC, which should not exist by the way. That technology is way too dangerous, especially if it fell into the wrong hands and considering Victoria is the one who came up with it in the first place, I think they're already in the wrong hands. Thank god that she can't make them fully operational without the code from Winn's scarab and she's never getting ikethat." Barbara said and Ted nodded.

"She's deranged. I need to find a way to at least force her out of the company before she does something that can't be covered up." Ted said.

"If you can find proof of some of the other shady things Victoria has done and covered up, then we can talk." Barbara said and Ted nodded, resigned to the fact that for right now, they couldn't take Victoria down.

"However, right now, I think we may have the grounds to at least open an investigation into Victoria Kord, since her actions are clearly questionable and Jenny has stated her belief and evidence that her aunt had something to do with the plane going down." Barbara said.

"And while she's under investigation for criminal charges, that would give me the right to suspend her from the company, since we can't have anyone associated with criminal activities have a position of power in this company." Ted said.

"It's a start." Jenny said, relieved that they could at least get her aunt Victoria out of the company, at least temporarily.

Victoria Kord was not happy. Not only had her niece not died in that plane explosion like she was supposed to, but now her brother had gotten the Metropolis PD to launch an investigation into her for alleged criminal activities and had used that to suspend her from Kord Industries without pay. All her carefully laid plans to oust her brother from control of Kord Industries and return the company to its former glory as a weapon's manufacturer were gone, since it was only a matter of time until they discovered her OMAC plans, which she'd continued on even after Ted had shut the project down.

"Victoria Kord." A new voice said behind her and Victoria turned to see Lillian Luthor standing there.

"What are you doing here Lillian?" Victoria asked.

"I'm here to bail you out of the mess you're in, since you got overconfident. Just like my son did before Superman put him away." Lillian said.

"Can you please spare me the lecture and tell me why you're here?" Victoria asked.

"I want you to join me at Cadmus. Your work truly is fascinating and unlike those wimps at Kord Industries, we are not bound by ethics and we're always looking for new ideas in weapons development. Especially since we lost access to the Luthor Corp weaponry division when Lena took over Luthor Corp." Lillian said.

"It's not like you'd get access to Kord Industries now anyways?" Victoria reminded her.

"I don't need Kord Industries, I need you and your somewhat twisted genius. We still have plenty of other resources, especially through our cover, Cadmus Labs. Lex and I took extreme precautions to make sure that in the event he lost control over Luthor Corp, we'd have access to other resources." Lillians said.

"I see that insanity didn't affect his genius, though I'm sure you had something to do with that. And while I'm a bit more impartial to aliens, I have to admit, I wouldn't mind if humanity were able to put them in their place, treat them like the second class citizens they are." Victoria said.

"You'll fit right in our ranks. Especially since I think that your OMAC designs could lead to the next generation Lexosuit Lex was trying to develop." Lillian said.

"Unfortunately, those plans are in the Kord Industries database, which I don't have access to anymore, since Ted revoked my clearance when he suspended me and it's only a matter of time until he finds and destroys those plans." Victoria said.

"Or find a more humanitarian use for them and deprive them of their true purpose. But don't worry, I'll have my operatives retrieve that data, since I refuse to allow such powerful weaponry to be wasted." Lillian said.

"I think I'll really enjoy working with you." Victoria said.

"Glad to hear it. Especially since we'll need to relocate you, since you're now technically wanted by the Metropolis PD." Lillian said and Victoria nodded.

"I'll start packing." Lillian said.