boyfriend||m.c & m.b

ch 8. boyfriend.
madelyn cline & madison bailey | 18.

Theadora unknowingly made the greatest mistake of her life when she agreed to move in with her short-term boyfriend the second he told her that he loved her.

having lived alone for nearly four years, minus staying with the occasional co-star, thea jumped at the opportunity as soon as it was offered to her. it was going great, truly.

until it wasn't.

for the previous three seasons, thea had lived in a three bedroom apartment with two of her outer banks costars while filming in charleston. for the filming of the fourth her boyfriend, Ethan, had offered they live together. his grandparents had a place in the area they only stayed in during the summer, and had told ethan he was welcome to live there during the winter. thea was ecstatic; although she had yet to tell the boy she loved him back, she did have a lot of love for him and loved being with him, so she was excited to not have to do long distance while filming.

unfortunately, this excitement was not long lived.

ethan had quickly become quite possessive; thea wasn't to be alone with any of her male co-stars, no matter how much older they all were than her. she had to have a body double fill in for all of her characters kissing scenes, or any form of physical affection with any male characters. Thea wasn't even allowed to go out with her cast members after filming; she was to come straight home, and if she was ever at work a minute later than she had originally said, he would harass her with phone calls and text messages. her location was to be on at all times, and he had forced thea to give him her phone's password and allow him to go through it whenever he saw fit.

despite all of his blinding red flags, thea continued to defend her boyfriend to her co-stars; "he just wants to make sure i'm safe." "he's just looking out for me." "he just wants to spend time with me since i work so much." "i was working with you guys all day. he just wants to see me." "he's just overprotective. it's sweet."

thea only began to grow suspicious when his possessive tendencies turned more physical. while out for dinner one night, he kept his hand on her ass while they walked in and out of the restaurant even after thea told him it made her uncomfortable. these behaviors only began to escalate from there: whenever they sat next to each other, ethan would place his hand way too
high up on thea's thigh for her comfort, putting it right back whenever she would try to subtly remove it or pull away. whenever he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, he would cup his hand around her breast, even after being told
it made her uncomfortable yet again.

but theadora brushed all of these habits off, telling herself that she was eighteen and needed to start getting used to these types of relationships. they weren't little kids holding hands on the playground anymore.

Theadora wasn't ready. she had told him she wasn't ready to have sex. but nevertheless, it had become a common topic of arguments between the couple.

"we don't have to have sex sex." he would try, "but you gotta give me something."

"i don't have to give you anything until i'm ready, ethan. just leave it alone."

one night, one of their particularly heated arguments led to theadora warning ethan that if he tried pushing her again, she would leave him. he did not receive that well.