talking about thea's role in her short film||t.s

11/2021, age 16

Taylor Swift Talking About Theadora James and Dylan O'Brian.

Taylor sat on seth myers' late night talk show, speaking about her the release of the ten minute version of a song she had written and released a decade prior titled, "all too well".

seth reaches behind his desk and pulls out a small picture, "and then on top of all that, there's a short film that you wrote, that you directed." he turns around the small film poster, "two fantastic young actors, dylan and theadora, who i believe are also huge fans of yours and i also know that you and theadora have known each other for quite some time, so it must've been a big deal for them to do this."

"it was really wonderful working with thea james and dylan o'brian. they're just absolute—i'm just blown away by what they did in this short film. i wrote this short film and wanted to direct it and the only two people that i imagined playing the two characters were always thea and dylan. thea was the first person i went to, i knew right away i wanted her to be the female lead, and if she had said no, i don't think i would have made the film." taylor reveals. "i think i would have just been like 'this is a sign'. but she—i do like working with friends or with people who i think would be excited to work with me. i don't really want to convince someone-i'm not very interested in that at all."

she continues, "i've never made a short film before. i've directed some music videos, but i kinda needed to reach out to people who would, like, believe that i would be capable of it. and i've known thea for quite some time, and she's an incredible actress. she got on board immediately. and dylan was like, 'yup!'" she pauses slightly. "and i watch everything he's in i'm a huge fan of his. and both of them—they went out and they just left it all on the field there in that short film. they really just—acted their asses off."

seth praises, "it's terrific, and i can only imagine what the next couple of days are gonna be like for your fans,"

"i hope good." taylor chimes in, "i hope good, i hope intense—"

"i gotta say, i feel very confident about that." seth agrees as the audience cheers.

"it's so lovely to see you again, thanks for being here," the host closes, "you guys, that's taylor swift!"