premiere2||e.m & m.r

07/2023, age 18
panic attack

Theadora was pissed, to put it lightly.

she didn't mind being on her own—in fact, she preferred it. it was the only way to guarantee she wouldn't get hurt.

barbie co-stars margot robbie and emma mackey were not aware of this—in fact, they had no idea what has been going on behind the scenes or why Theodora was always showing up alone to events and work, or why she never mentioned her parents even once. they never gave it much thought.

Thea didn't mind. she'd rather it this way. the teenager did not want anyone, including her castmates, to find out the truth: beneath her facade isn't a brave, successful young woman, but really a scared young girl who had to do it all on her own. Thea never invited anyone to her house, never spoke about her family, never gave anyone any insight into the truth.

and never planned to, either.

📍theadoras apartment; los angeles california

Theadora is awoken by two short bursts of sound cutting through her small apartment. frazzled, the teen rather rolls out of bed and hurries towards the door. when she spots who is sitting in her driveway, however, her mood quickly turns sour.

"what the hell are you doing?" thea yells rather curtly.

"picking you up. hurry, i don't have all day." emma mackey called back, sitting in the drivers seat of her rental car.

"i told you i'd meet you there."

"yeah well i decided to do something nice and pick you up so you wouldn't have to catch the bus."

"yeah well i don't care. how did you know where i lived?"

"i asked greta. you're a rather mysterious gal, aren't you t.j?" emma teases, sensing the teenagers mood.

"next time let me take the bus. i'd rather." thea spews, shutting her door and taking a pointedly long time to get ready before appearing back out on the driveway.

"good morning to you too sunshine!" emma greets the girl.

theadora remains silent, sitting her small backpack on her lap and looking out the passenger seat window.