is there still hope? pt2||dance moms

2016, age 11
season 7, episode 13

Saturday finally rolls around and the team arrives to asbury park, new jersey for nationals. as they walk down the boardwalk, jill gathers the girls for a picture, "hey girls, line up in front of the beach. say, 'aldc!'"

"aldc!" the girls unanimously mimic, smiling as their moms take a photo before resuming their walk into the competition.

as soon as the team gets settled into their dressing room, the four soloists begin getting ready to go on stage. it's not long until a certain intruder begins crossing the floor—cathy and the candy apples.

"welcome to nationals you guys!" yolanda greets.

confused, ashlee asks, "are you guys lost?"

one of the candy apple moms, liza, responds, "i think we have to go through here to go to our dressing room."

"this is what i think of you." cathy crosses the room, reaching the aldc banner hanging behind gianna and abby and promptly knocking it down.

as the other moms gasp, jill shouts, "that's what you call gutter trash!"

"the only reason they're in here is cause they know they're not gonna beat us in dancing, they gotta beat us with their mouth." ashlee remarks.

"honestly, we think that kalani is the entire team." cathy shoots back, "everybody else can pack it up and go home."

"i disagree with that!" holly retorts, "wait a second, you've gone too far now, that was wrong."

"come on, holly." cathy continues, "kalani is the whole team."

"cathy, i've given you a lot of respect, but right there you crossed the line." holly points, "and you know it." 

"i am allowed to have my opinion."

theadora leans over to nia, whispering, "you're entitled to your wrong opinion." the older smirks, stifling a laugh as the adults continue arguing.

"but nobody wants your opinion!" abby shouts, "nobody cares about your opinion! you're nothing! go! go!"

"talk about gutter." cathy retorts, "you're a gutter."

"get out of here!" abby continues to shout, "go!"

"get used to that smack talk, cause you're gonna have a lot of that in jail." cathy smugly turns to theadora, "ask anne how that's going for her."

this last remark has the room fall silent, the girls' jaws dropping open while it sets abby to one hundred real fast. "shut your mouth! go home! nobody cares about you, go!"

"good lord." jaime rolls her eyes, calmly chiming in. "lay down, in a casket, six feet under and you might look good." this finally shuts cathy up, and her and her team continues on to their dressing room.

Brynn's solo is first, so theadora joins the other girls backstage to watch her dance from the wings.

"i held all my legs," brynn pants relievedly upon exiting the stage.

thea holds up both hands in a high five, interlocking her own with the blondes in congratulations. "that was so good!"

"the arabesque was nice," nia compliments as brynn hunches over, catching her breath.