episode 1||theadora

01/26/2024, age 18
theadoras first podcast episode.

THEADORA had been inspired by one of her costars on station nineteen to start a podcast of her own. the teen felt like as though she has a lot to talk about, and had been told by fans in multiple different instances that they would listen attentively if she started a podcast.

and so, here she was, sitting in the living room of her apartment getting ready to record her first ever episode.

she begins recording, "hello! welcome to the very first episode of 'young hollywood.' i'm theadora james, an eighteen year old actress living totally on my own in los angeles."

thea gives her listeners a little background about herself, "you may recognize me from riverdale, outer banks, greys anatomy, and most recently, the barbie movie. this first episode is mostly going to just be about getting to know me, but next week we'll have our very first special guest."

"to start off, i want to talk a little about why i decided to start a podcast in the first place. while most of you know me as my characters, i wanted to give you all a chance to get to know me as thea. a little glimpse into what life is like behind the scenes, when i'm not pretending to be someone else. most of the guests i'll have on are going to be people i have worked with, or know personally. i'll be sharing real, juicy, unfiltered behind the scenes moments and secrets about being a teen actress."

"i was born and raised in tennessee as an only child, and my next door neighbor growing up happens to be extremely well known. most of you probably already know, but this neighbor was the one and only taylor swift. so, we've been pretty close my whole life despite the age gap, she babysat me a lot when i was younger. when i moved out to l.a, i was so happy to be closer to taylor and get to see her so much more often. she's one of my most favorite people on the planet."

"so, yeah. anyways. i booked my first ever role at the age of nine, a film called sunshine starring jennifer lawrence. by the time i was eleven i had booked charlotte on greys anatomy, and by the time i was twelve station nineteen had started and charlotte slowly began to become a recurring character on there as well as greys. i booked birds of prey when i was thirteen, and outer banks by the end of that same year. my career really started to take off after that."

"due to personal issues happening in my family, i got emancipated as soon as i turned fourteen and permanently moved to l.a by myself, with no plans of housing—i stayed with taylor and other various costars until i had to fly out to charleston to start shooting outer banks a few weeks later. almost exactly a year later i flew straight back to south carolina for the second season of obx. being so busy so young was a little stressful, but my work is my life. i put everything i have into it, and it's my favorite thing ever. if i could constantly be working twenty four seven i would honestly be so happy. it's all i wanna do."

"the next few years after that i was in a handful of music videos for both taylor and billie eilish, who i absolutely adore. booked barbie when i was sixteen which was so extremely exciting. obviously i had worked with emma mackey, and i had worked with margot when we did bird of prey together, so i was ecstatic to work with them again. i hadn't seen margot in so long, so it was pretty special being able to reconnect like that. very soon after we wrapped i flew back to england with emma to shoot the final season of sex ed."

"and now we are currently filming season four of outer banks, which i am so incredibly excited about i can't even begin to tell you."

"well, thank you so so much for tuning in to my first episode of young hollywood! this first episode wasn't much, but i wanted to tell you a little about myself and some background. i promise next week is going to be so much better, as our guest is one of my absolute favorite people ever. again, thank you so much and i hope you all have a fantastic rest of your week!"

word count: 779