I. BEAUTY AND CHARM.

"CAPTIVATING

"CAPTIVATING."

"I won't change my mind and that's final! The princess, Akemi from the tokunobu clan is getting married to the ito clan as well.. the princess from Minamoto should obey her father's orders!" My father shouted, slamming his fist on the table as my formal words to help him change his mind annoyed him.

Did he ever feel guilty for making me so mature at a young age?.. Never. The way I spoke, even adults would feel puzzled. How can a noble girl act so mature? Well, it's not like it's rare but I barely had any friends nor do I have a lot to spend time with. With that.. I spend my time alone.. training with swords, doing martial arts, reading, writing, playing instruments, singing, drawing, painting.. everything.. I've done alone, sometimes with a tutor of course.

I disliked the thought of marriage, or to put in better words.. hated the thought of marriage. I hung my head low, I could hear some snickering from some filthy maids and from my younger bratty brother. I simply got up and bowed. "I thank, the great Ruler of the Minamoto clan, for spending his time on me.. I deeply apologise for displeasing a man like you. From a filthy daughter, who had never experience her very own father's love." I said in a sarcastic tone, yet keeping a mature tone and a calm composure, inside the sleeves of my kimono.. were hands clenching in anger, my fingers were trembling in rage. I was about to snap anytime soon, but I did not want to embarrass myself in front of dirty and disgusting people around me.

I looked up at him, he was about to snap. But I simply walked my way out, slowly, like a princess should walk. The prostitutes around him calmed him down, as expected. My mother probably wouldn't have died years ago because of that filthy pig. I felt like taking a stroll around the streets, I wanted to get to know more of my surroundings. My maids and servants were kind and caring, most of them had stayed with me throughout my childhood. As I strolled around the streets in my palanquin, I suddenly asked to stop walking which they did, letting me get out.

I wanted to walk, my servants and maids were hesitant, but agreed. I strolled around with them behind my tail and some by my side as the palanquin was held by my servants from behind, I looked around, fascinated. "So this is what normal life seems like.. It lacks of stress and filth, the food and snacks here look more delicious than the ones in the palace." I said, looking around until I stopped by a mochi shop, it sold various other candies as well. I bought some, a tall figure then appeared beside me..

Their voice was deep, sounded quite manly and young. I looked over to my left, a man. A scarf around his neck, men's attire, a katana beside him and a hat that covered pretty much of his face with orange glasses. I could see his face slightly, as he was taller than me and I was shorter, around his chest area if I didn't wear my geta. He looked quite attractive for a young man, I didn't notice that I stared for a while until he turned his head to me. I looked away, embarrassed as I patiently waited for my mochi and candies to be made.

I could feel my cheeks heat up for the first time, my heart beating ever so rapidly.. was this romance I was feeling?

MIZU'S POV
Mizu who was strolling around the streets to ease her mind, stopped by at a mochi stand which caught her attention. She approached the mochi stand and ordered for some mochi and some candy, she noticed the young noble lady beside her. As expected, a beautiful one. White makeup, plum and heart shaped lips that were coated with red lipstick, ref eyeliner on her eyelids, pink rosy cheeks, thin eyebrows, all those features were complimented with an expensive kimono and hair accesories.

Mizu looked away, but felt the noble lady staring at her so she turned to look at her. The princess seemed shy, turning her head away. Mizu felt like striking up a conversation, but she wasn't going to risk it. So she stayed quiet and pretended as if, a princess wasn't staring at her.