III. CONNECTING.

·:*¨༺ ♱ "INTEREST

·:*¨ "INTEREST." ¨*:·

As both of the women reached a perfect spot to show-off their skills..
They unsheathed their katanas, both with a heart filled wuth confidence and bravery.. and a face filled with a daring, sly smile. "Don't hold back, princess." She mocked, in a teasing way. "Just because I'm a minamoto, doesn't necessarily mean I shouldn't get a small cut on my body.." I said with a smile and got into stance. "Show me your skills, stranger." I dared, she chuckled and got into stance. We fought with our blade back and forth, at times, she would overpower me while at times, I would overpower her.. However, our skills were quite literally at the same level but we had one thing in common.. we were stubborn. We didn't want to end it just there.

I caught Mizu in place, sitting on top of her with my blade under her neck. We were both panting from the intense sword fight. "Is that enough? Because I won't let you win." I said, with a smile. We both were enjoying the fun, yet it felt serious. "So will I." She laughed and pinned me to the ground, pushing the blade to my neck. Her left knee was on the ground while the right was raised, she used her free hand to grip onto my wrists. She then used her right leg to block my legs from moving, great, she trapped me because I let my guard down. "Fine, you win." I pouted childishly, for the first time.. I acted like my age. Playful, fun, childish and free.

Mizu couldn't help but giggle at my pout, a pout that says 'it's unfair!' She lets go of me and I sat up, still pouting. "Don't be so upset, we both were equal in skills. You just.. let your guard down at that exact moment." She said with a sly smirk, I rolled my eyes. "Of course, you have to tease me for that." I responded, slapping her arm gently. Which she found herself pretending to act dramatic, grunting in pain and cursing out loud. It caught me by surprise but I started laughing so hard that I laid back on the ground, Mizu was confused by her actions as well.. but, it was funny, and I was laughing. She joined in the laugh and laid beside me, I turned to my side, facing her as I slowly calmed down.

"You're quite funny." I said with a smile, for the first time ever.. Mizu felt her heart race, what she saw wasn't just any ordinary noblewoman.. it was a young lady who had this.. aura in her. It was hard to describe, Mizu felt her cheek heat up as she looked away, trying to keep her serious appearance. "Can a woman not be funny?" She asked as she looked up at the sky, I stared at her. She was masculine.. yet feminine, her features were androgynous and I found myself interested in her. I then looked at the sky, upon noticing she was staring at it. Such a starry night.. "Well, not that. Any woman can be funny." I said with a smile and admired the sky.

Mizu looked over at me, she wondered what my life was as a noblewoman, a woman as pretty as me. It must be.. luxurious and filled with happiness.. no? "What's a noble life like? Especially for the strongest clan in Japan.." Mizu asked, I didn't break my view from the sky and sighed. "It feels like.. you're trapped. You can never do anything freely. Everything is about business, fame, power and money, it lacks of love and happiness.." I said, making it simple and short. "I see.. so, it's not like what's said or thought by normal people." She says, slightly murmuring while she kept her gaze on me.

"Much more different.. if you asked me to choose between living as a poor villager or a noblewoman, I would pick living as a poor villager without hesitation." I said, as I slowly got more drawn to the stars.. not noticing Mizu's gaze at me. "I heard you're getting married to a royal?" She asked, sounding more curious. I sighed and looked over at her. "I don't want that.. and I've always wondered why I was called princess by everyone every since I was a child. They've- my father.. made that arrangement ever since I was presented to the world. I wish, I was a normal girl." I said, still staring into her eyes.

She felt pity towards me, but looked away to avoid drawing attention to her eyes. "I hope you find happiness someday." She says, I sighed and smiled. I went back to admire the starry sky, but then turned back to her. "What about you? What's your story?" I asked with a curious tone, my face shifting in curiosity. "It's complicated." She simply said which I pouted at, I didn't like short stories that are simple and basic. "That's not very interesting. I told you everything about me.. well, almost everything.. Just.. tell me more! Please?" I asked and laid on my stomach, my sleeved elbows on the snowy ground with my palms cupping my cheeks, waiting for her next words.

She chuckled and sighed, not wanting to reveal much about her. But she decided to make it simple yet interesting. "I'm not just some ordinary woman, I have a plan ahead of me." She says, looking back at the sky. I smiled, noticing that she was pretty herself despite her boyish/masculine appearance. "You are quite pretty, why do you wear those coloured glasses though?" I asked curiously, 'This girl.. she asks to much.' Mizu thought to herself. She shrugged, making that 'I don't know, you tell me' kind of face. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Alright then, I'll stop asking." I said getting up, I was getting bored and started walking around.

Until..
I had an idea, quite an evil and childish one to tell the truth..
I picked up some snow, rolled it into a ball and aimed at Mizu. It landed on her nose just as she was closing her eyes to relax, I giggled and laughed so hard that I fell back. "You should've seen that priceless look on your face!" I said as Mizu wiped off the snow from her nose. "You.. I'm going to make you pay." She says with a grin, I smirked and got up, she picked up some snow and made it into a ball. "Try me.." I challenged her. "I won't back down." She responded, gripping onto the snow firmly.

And a snowball fight erupts..
Curing the inner child in them, their once lost innocence came back to them like lightning..

(KISSING I HOPE THEY CAUGHT US 😍🔥🔥)