𝟑𝟎. 𝐑𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐚𝐧

जी भर के देख लीजिये हमको क़रीब सेफिर आपके नसीब में ये बात हो न हो

फिर आपके नसीब में ये बात हो न हो

Past
Age-7
Reyaansh's POV

Rehaan bhaiya is no more.

I stayed numb when he took my hand and whispered, "You have to d-do it, Rey. Our family n-needs you. P-papa needs you." The only thing I could feel was the tear that escaped from my eye.

My senses were back when his hold on my hand started detouring. A feeling of panic raced through my heart when he started struggling to breathe.

'He wouldn't die' I thought to calm myself down, but this blue-eyed girl had the audacity to rub it in my face.

"But the monster said that he already lost too much blood, he might d-" before she could complete her sentence, I interrupted her rudely.

I know I am being far too harsh with this girl, but one time she wins my heart and the next second she crushes it.

I still cannot get my head around the fact that Ajay Rajput was there in this building, and the way this girl ran to him showed that they shared a special relationship.

Was she the daughter my father wanted to set me up with?

Never mind.

As soon as Ajay Rajput took his daughter, I stared at the door with hope in my eyes.

Either dad will take both of us to home or we will both die in this fire.

Dad came.

My brother was gone by then.

He took his last breath in my lap.

His last words were, "Take care of my family, Reyaansh." The first and only time he took my name.

He trusted me enough to leave all the responsibilities on my shoulder.

He was supposed to be the king, he was supposed to get the elder brother tag, not me. Not only that, but he used to make baby faces for Aisha, not me.

He used to play with Aditya and Ayaan, not me.

He deserves the crown, not me.

I was supposed to be his shadow. But now his lifeless body is laid in front of me, covered in a white cloth.

My mother lost her consciousness the second she saw him. My dad is just staring at the body with nothing in his eyes.

"What happened to Rehaan bhai?" Ayaan asked.

"He died." It came out harsher than I intended it to be.

"What?" His 4-year-old brain doesn't even know what death is. He never saw it until now.