🇨🇦~ The Manger - Part 1 ~🇺🇦

Ukraine. Lovely readers, we all know Ukraine. She's a mix of anger, kindness, and for some reason always smelling like chocolate, jam-packed into five feet and ten inches of a half-actual-human half-countryhuman.

And Canada.... Oh Canada... The caring sweet young man who spoke French and who got a short (homicidal) temper when you really pissed him off.

The two countries happened to be very different. They came from families that were completely different from each other, had different personalities, and different interests. One was more street-smart, and one was more book-smart. One was slavic, and the other was North American... Or technically English.  Roman?  Who knows.  

On Canada's side, he came from a royal family. He was a prince of the 'good' king, Britain. He had a very cozy and sheltered life. Except for when war came around the corner.  And that time he, you know, left when he was 18 to help colonize a nation.  

On Ukraine's side, she came from a poor slavic family. She grew up in the conditions of World War Two, her father who turned a drunken hoe after his wife and the mother of his children died,  and somehow at the same time, managed to launch a satellite into space.  With her 'interesting' upbringing, she had learned to be tough all on her own.

Today, my dear readers, I bring you to Canada and Ukraine on a winters night in December, down on CountryHumans Island.

The two were walking in awkward silence down a sidewalk. Ukraine was bundled up in a white puffy coat, fleece-lined pants, mittens, and a scarf that covered her neck and mouth. Canada was dressed in much lighter apparel. Wearing a gray long shirt under his usual plaid button-up shirt , but this one had fuzz on the back to keep him warm. He had on a green scarf, but not covering his entire face. Just his neck. He also had on some outside-the-house-wearable sweatpants and horseback riding boots.  Odd combination right?

Canada leaned over and looked at Ukraine. Despite the scarf covering her mouth, she looked pretty pissed. Probably because she always was.  Canada had no idea why. "Are you okay?" He asked. Ukraine turned her head briskly and looked at Canada. Still with the same expression on her face.

"У мене все гаразд (I'm fine, ; I used google translate so that might not be right). Canada cocked his head in confusion. "Pardon?" He asked. "I'm fine," Ukraine said fast. Canada nodded and smirked, saying, "En êtes-vous sûr? (Are you sure about that?)" Ukraine stopped walking for a minute. Trying to process what he just said, and trying to guess what he said. She had no fucking clue, so she just said, in a desperate attempt to not sound stupid, said, "No...?" Canada nodded and turned around, folding his arms. "Than what's wrong?" he asked. Ukraine groaned and pulled her scarf down from her mouth. "You're an Мудак. (Asshole.)" Ukraine insulted the Canadian man.

Canada laughed and shoved his hands in his pockets. Ukraine rolled her eyes and continued walking. Instead faster. "Hey, where 'r you going?" Canada yelled after Ukraine, starting to chase after her because she had pretty much started running.

Ukraine had moved to a full-on sprint as she was running away from Canada. But suddenly, she came to a screeching halt. Canada accidentally ran past her, then slowed down and also stopped. He started panting, clearly out of breath. He turned around and laughed as he sauntered back over to Ukraine. "Why'd you stop?" He asked. "Do you hear that...?" She asked, turning around every direction like she was looking for something. "I don't-" he was cut off. Ukraine put a finger over his mouth. "Sh!" There was silence. But Canada started to hear it. It was the sound of a baby wailing.