🇨🇦 - The Manger ~ Part 12 - 🇺🇦

Canadastood looking at his front door. The sound of Ukraine slamming thedoor still rang in his ears. He didn't know what to do now.

AsQuebec began to cry, he turned his head and started walking towardsthe couch. He leaned down and grabbed the baby, holding him againsthis shoulder and patting his back, swaying side to side.

Canadafelt a little bit like crying himself. This affected him maybe morethan it should have...

Thismade him wonder why Ukraine... Freaked out? It was just a simpleidea.

Canadalooked helplessly at the door... Still a little in shock. It was sosudden. It left him thinking, 'What if she's really done?' Canadathen realized that he never really thought about how Ukraine wasdoing throughout this whole thing. He just assumed she was enjoyingit... She didn't really hint at anything otherwise. How was hesupposed to know?

Butclearly something lit a flame in her and Canada wanted to know whatit was. He still had this certain fervor to learn more about her. Know why she was like the way she was. What could have turned herinto this?

AsCanada sighed and put his hand gently over Quebec's head, who had nowstopped crying, he wondered grimly what could have made her so angry. What tragic thing happened to her?

Helooked down and closed his eyes. He wouldn't give up. He didn'tbelieve in the phrase, "I can change her." He couldn't controlthat and he knew it, but he wanted to understand her. He wanted tohelp her. That's all he ever wanted to do for people.

Allhe wanted to do was help.

"Allyou wanna do is help."

Adeep voice matching Canada's brought his attention back to reality. He shot his head up and looked up in front of him. It was thespirit.

Canadatook a step back and looked at his right hand. The blue ring aroundhis index finger was migrating downwards, towards his wrist. Hequickly shifted Quebec up on his left hip and violently whipped hisright hand to the side, making the spirit lurch and groan. Theyalways looked for control any time they could find it. Disciplinewas key with these nasty, violent creatures.

Thespirit groaned once more and stood up straighter, rubbing his rightwrist, which had now been wrapped in a slightly darker blue string.

"Whatare you doing here?" Canada asked, hostility in his voice.

Thespirit didn't answer, only looked around the room. He was currentlythe brightest object in it except for the dim table lamp. "Where'sthe girl?"

"I'msurprised you don't know."

"WellI'm not the creator of the whole-fricken universe," the Spiritreplied snarkily.

Canadarolled his eyes and shook his head. "So you're just here for noreason then. Just to be annoying?" He asked in a rankled tone.