🇨🇦 ~ The Manger - Part Nine ~ 🇺🇦

i finally wrote thisomg

i finished it on jan. 28th and im so excited for this like omg i hope yall love it too <333

Dec. 24, 2022 - (Yes this is 2022, i started writing this like december of 2022 so i dont wanna change it- )

Ukraine sat at the kitchen table, looking around the dark kitchen. Canada's house was a lot darker then she thought it would be... What did she think it would be? Whenever she thought about it, she usually imagined something preppy and... Bright. Like maybe butterflies everywhere or something dumb like that.

But that is not what she saw upon arrival. As mentioned before, the house was pretty medium and seemed to be... expecting something. Because houses have feelings like that- never mind - But aside from that it was very dark, but also modern.

She had rummaged around a bit and found the coffee beans, but couldn't figure out how to work the coffee maker. Although it really shouldn't be that hard.

So she now sat at the wood table, hugging her knees enjoying the silence. The sun was now beginning to rise, and little rays were poking through the curtains.

She hadn't gone to wake up Quebec, but she had walked in and checked on him. It was a little odd, not seeing the crib by her bedside. She woke up a few times to check on him... Just feeling paranoid.

As her eyes were closed, and she was listening to the sound of her own breathing, that peace was broken, by the sound of footsteps on hardwood floor above. She groaned quietly and hung her head on her knees.

A few moments later, Canada came walking through the kitchen doorway with a baby monitor in his hand. His hair was pretty ruffled, and his eyes looked tired and slightly bloodshot. Ukraine raised an eyebrow looking at him. "What happened to you? You usually look... So put 

together in the morning. Did you stay up watching soap operas?"

Canada huffed out a small chuckle and started to walk towards Ukraine. "Something like that... Are you gonna kill me?" He asked a little suspiciously.

Ukraine made a confused face and asked, "Are you drunk?"

"Well you're sitting here in the dark, with a random bag of coffee beans that you could lead the police dogs away from my scent with," Canada replied with mirth, sitting down across from Ukraine.

She rolled her eyes and slid the coffee beans towards Canada. "I couldn't figure out how to work your coffee machine, or whatever," she gestured her hand towards the counter where it sat. "I'm not even one-hundred percent sure what that is."

Canada turned his head towards the counter and nodded. "That's a french press... Your attitude makes sense. I do have a regular machine in my cupboard for you to make coffee though," Canada said, standing up and walking to the cupboard.

Ukraine trailed behind him with the coffee beans, and as he was pulling some stuff out she asked, "What time is your family... Thing?"

Canada looked for just a second towards her then said solemnly, "Two."

He plugged in the machine and backed up. "All ready to go."