🇨🇦~ The Manger - Part 14 ~🇺🇦

OMG FINALLLYLLLL

ok so here's what's been going on:

the past 3-4 weeks i've been alternating sick and out of town and school and sick and omg it's been so hectic I haven't had time to sit down and get in the headspace to write. 

but like, one think i've come to realized writing this book is that when the author is in a certain environment or headspace, it shows on the page.  It's weird and hard to describe but it matters a lot and it takes time.  respect the process

ok well this chapter is kinda short but at least it's a good chapter :D

also congrats you've officially spent 2+ hours reading this.  

OK ENJOY!  

Canada was leaning his left side on the counter facing the doorway in his kitchen.   When he got back he had opened up the windows to liven up the house and then dug around in the closet down the hallway of the kitchen and found a box of multi-colored Christmas lights to string around the house.  He now had some on the mantle above the fireplace, going around the kitchen, along the stairwell rail, and on a small Christmas tree he had found. His living room, which was usually dark and a little foreboding, was now bright and slightly silly.

He stood leaning on the counter and watching the cheesy Hallmark movie he turned on to keep some sound going.   He was also keeping an eye on Quebec roll around on the floor under one of those mobile tripod things... He didn't know what it was called and didn't care to look mit up... Totally wasn't the author...

Anyways.

Canada wasn't exactly sure when or why he did these things. He sort of went on auto-pilot for a few hours and now felt... Drained. That talk with Delaware - Or at least the words Delaware had shouted at him, did open his eyes. Literally and figuratively. But he realized that if he wanted to know Ukraine he had to at least actually try to do it.

After a few minutes passed of the counter poking into Canada's side, his phone went off. It was a text from, speak of the devil, Ukraine.

As he lifted his phone and saw the message his heart rate spiked slightly, feeling a little uneasy about what might happen next. The message read, "I made a peace offering dish. Please come pick me up."

Seeing this seemed to calm him down slightly. He slid his phone inside his back pocket and took another look into the living room with a light smirk.

A peace offering, huh?

Canada replied and told her to tell him where he was, scooped up Quebec and got in the car and went.

As he was driving out of the secluded part of the Island forest mountains, his phone went off once more. Trying to keep his eyes on the road, frantically felt around in the console for his phone. Once found, he checked the road one more time and held the steering wheel with his knees. Why did he do this with a baby in the car? Well Canada's a good driver. . . . Except going around corners.