chapter 6

no matter how hard i tried to study, the music kept blocking my thoughts. gracie had ditched me to go play spin the bottle with some older kids so i was left alone in my bedroom doing homework. no, that did NOT make me a nerd. it made me a independent woman who wants the best for her future.

i cared very much for my grades. since i started high school, i've had straight A's in every class. well.. apart from math. that was my least favourite subject. i could never understand it no matter how hard i studied.

i shut my eyes and smash my head (softly) on my desk. i was seriously debating whether or not to scream at everyone to turn the music down. thankfully, i contained myself. i heard a ding on my phone. i thought i put it on silent? i pick it up and look at the message from a unknown number.

𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯

you should put your books down and come have fun.

sorry, who is this?

your english partner, brady.

oh fuck sorry. i forgot i gave you my number.

all good. but seriously, why did you lock yourself
in your bedroom when theres more fun going on
downstairs?

i'm not much of a party person. i hate socialising.

fair enough. but you may want to come down
anyway. your friend is extremely drunk lol.

are you joking? wheres dylan.

um with his gf, adaline.

jesus christ okay i'll be down in a second. is she
with any boys?

let me check.
yeah she's with some guy

fucking hell. thank you, brady. where are you?

kitchen. no one else is in here.
seen

did i seriously have to drag my best friend from another guy? yes. yes i did. she better pray it isn't her ex, harry. i make my way downstairs and push through the crowd of teens. how could this many people fit in our house? and how did dylan know so many people!

my eyes scan the living room for gracie. she wasn't anywhere to be found. i run my hands down my face and walk over to the kitchen to find brady. he was sitting on the kitchen counter. a red cup with god knows what in it, was sitting in his left hand, his phone in the right.

"brady." i yell over the music. he looks up and smiles when he sees me. i stop in front of him and look down into his cup. either vodka or water. i'm praying it was the second option. "you finally came down." he says loud over the music. i roll my eyes jokingly at him. he holds his cup out for me. "want some?"

"what is it?" i ask. he smirks. "find out." "is that a challenge, mr noon?" i say flirtatiously. he shrugs and looks down just above my knees. his eyes shift all over my body until they reach my eyes. i take the cup out of his hands and sniff it. it didn't have a smell.

the liquid enters my mouth. i don't cringe or reject it. in fact, it tasted like lemons. i pull a face and brady chuckles. "lemonade?" i ask. he nods. "i hate drinking." he says. that was surprising to be honest. "thank god." i mumble. "huh?" "nothing, don't worry!" i yell. fuck, i forgot about gracie.

"brady, wheres grace?" i ask him. he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "grace?" he repeats. i nod. he soon realises who i was talking about. a small smile appears on his face. "whats funny?" he shakes his head. "she's fine. i made it up for you to come downstairs!" he says. well that was great.

my lips part. "why on earth would you do that." i say and slap his shoulder. he flinches. "because i wanted to talk to you!" my eyes slightly widen. "oh?" is all i manage to say. he smiles at me. god he was beautiful.

i shake my head and sit on the counter next to him. our legs were touching. "here." i say and hand his drink back. he thanks me and takes a sip. i really needed to get drunk. thats all i could think about. i search around me for some sort of alcohol. luckily, i found a half empty bottle of vodka. i pick it up and take a sip.

brady looks at me with concern. "is that a good idea?" he asks me. i swallow and shrug. "who cares. as long as i wake up and not remember anything, its all good." i joke. he laughs a bit. i offer him some but he shakes his head.

"el? when did you come out from your cave." nathan asks me and stands directly in front of me. "how funny, nate." i say sarcastically. brady and nate dabs each other up before turning their attention to me again. he looks down at the bottle in my hand. "i thought dyl only said one drink?" he asks me.

"well technically this is only one drink." "but it's a lot of alcohol, lilah. especially since you weight like 40kg. your body isn't going to take it well." nate says. was he actually concerned or was it the alcohol getting to my brain. "i'll be fine. stop acting like my brother, nate." i say. brady interrupts.

"lilah i think he's right. maybe its a good idea you just stick to beer? it wont be as bad as a vodka hangover." he suggests. i shake my head and tip the bottle of vodka into my mouth. it burnt badly but i didn't want to show them i was weak. the two of them sigh and shrug. "this is on you. i'm gonna go see tristan." nate says and walks off.

i shut my eyes tight and feel the burning sensation down my mouth. "aren't you going with him?" my voice breaks slightly. thankfully he didn't hear. brady shakes his head and takes the bottle from my hands, placing it on the other side of him. "hey!-" he cuts me off and grabs my hand, pulling me off the counter.

"you've chugged back half a bottle of vodka, lilah. you need to get something else in your stomach before you throw it back up." he tells me and places his cup down, dragging me up the stairs. a voice stops us. "brady! where are you taking her?" dylan yells from at the bottom.
he turns around. i shake my head at brady, begging him not to tell dylan. "please, he'll tell my dad." he looks at me concerned but agrees.

"she has a migraine so i'm helping her get some medication." he smiles at dyl. "oh alright." dylan says and walks off. i mouth a thank you to him, he just smiles softly. he pushes me gently in front of me and holds my waist to help me balance better. his grip tightens when i trip a little up the stairs. "you okay?" he asks. i nod and hold my mouth to stop myself from vomiting.

"i think i drunk a bit too much.." i admit. i hear a soft laugh. "you think?" he guides me upstairs and asks where my room is. once we get inside, he shuts the door and softly places me on my bed. i only had a blue top and black mini skirt on, so at least i wouldn't be too uncomfortable falling asleep in it.

he places my head on my pillows and lifts the blankets over my body. "i reckon you should listen to us next time you drink." he jokes. i roll my eyes and smirk. "brady?" i grab his wrist before he could walk away. he looks down at me. "mm?" he mumbles. "you barely know me. why are you so kind?" i stutter slightly.

his eyes shift around my face. almost as if he's examining my features. "because you're my best friends little sister and i'll always protect you." he tells me before walking off. my eyesight blurs as i watch him shut the door behind him. soon enough i was asleep.

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

writer speaks!!
such a cute chapter i wont lie 🥹 brady is so caring heheh.
also my birthday is in 5 hours yippeee 😇😇
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!