chapter 21

last night was one of the worst situations i've ever been in. as soon as gracie took us home, i couldn't stop balling my eyes out.

i liked him a lot and to know what he said about me behind my back was a real confidence killer.

not only did he play with my feelings, but dylan was there and didn't even standup for me at all. gracie was mostly angry at him for that.

" are you sure you wanna do this? " she asked and parked the car outside bradys house.

" to be honest, no. but i need my stuff back. " i say and sigh.

she had been the biggest help.

" well if you need an excuse to get out, text me the word scuba. " she tries to joke.

i chuckle slightly.

" thank you.. i wont be too long hopefully. "

she nods and i hop out of the car, heading towards the door.

his parents told me to just walk in if it's unlocked since i'm living- i mean.. was living with them.

i twist the door knob and to my luck, it was unlocked.

" connor? is that you? " marissa called out from the living room. she paused the tv and looks over the couch to see who it was.

" uh no, its lilah. " i tell her.

" oh hi! how was the sleepover, hon? " she asked.

where to start?

" it was great. " i lie.

" thats good! are you okay? your eyes are red. "

i stutter slightly. " oh yeah! i just didn't get much sleep thats all. " she nods and smiles.

" um just letting you know that the flood in my house was fixed.. so i can go back today. "

her face kind of drops slightly.

" ah alright! thats great news but also sad.. i really like you! " she chuckles.

it was hard to let go of someone that was beginning to feel like a mother figure to me.

" awe. thank you so much by the way for letting me stay! " i say.

" of course, el! feel free to come back anytime. you're practically my daughter now! "

i hold the tears back.

" hah.. well i'm gonna grab my stuff. gracies helping me move back in. "

marissa nods and turns back to the tv.

i silently pray that brady was still at dylans as i walk towards his room.

connors door was wide open but he wasn't in it. i think he went to laylas for the night.

i open bradys door and look inside. he was sitting on his desk and writing something in a notebook. it was probably homework.

i sigh and roll my eyes and open the door fully. my step creaks the floorboard and he jolts his head towards me.

don't cry.

" lilah? " he immediately stands up with a smile on his face.

i ignore him and walk straight towards my stuff. i don't bother even looking at him.

i grab my bag and start walking around his room, grabbing my clothes, makeup and books, plus anything else that belongs to me.

i feel his step closer to me and sigh. " please can we talk? "

i don't say anything.

" lilah, come on. its me. "

i aggressively throw my top into my bag and stand up straight, looking at him.

" as in the boy who loves to play with vulnerable girls feelings? " i snap.

his open mouth shuts.

the silence between us was threatening. who was going to say something?

" i didn't mean it! i promise! " he defends and steps closer towards me.

i back up.

" yeah you promised a lot of things yet you cant keep them. " i say.

his eyes narrow and he backs up.

" i fucked up. i know that, but please just hear me ou- "

" go to hell, brady. " i grip my bag harder and wait for another reply.

i wish the ground would swallow me whole.

" i like you, lilah. like a lot. "

my mouth forms into a smile. i scoff.

" oh you like me now?! but do you not see me only as dylans little sister? or do you not think im just a tad bit clingy! " i yell and bump into his shoulder as i leave.

" lilah, wait! " he yelled as i rushed down the stairs.

i bump into connor. his facial expression was confused.

" shit are you okay? " he asked and held my shoulders upwards.

i look up at him and wipe my tears.

" you're brothers an asshole. " i say and push past him.

i run out the front door and rush to gracies car.
she gave me a comforting smile.

" you okay? " she asked.

i shake my head. " just drive please. "

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

writer speaks!!
you really thought they would apologise and kiss, didn't you.. ?

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!