chapter 25

i was sitting on the school floor, leaning against my locker. my knees were pulled against my chest.

the hallways were awfully quiet which was nice. i only saw about 1 or 2 kids walk past me within the past 10 minutes.

i was dreading on going back to class to collect my things though. i don't know why i yelled at him. he just makes me crazy.

" lilah? " i hear a familiar voice call my name.

i look towards the voice and see brady walking up to me with my books in his hands.

i roll my eyes and look away. he hovers over me. " can i sit with you? " he asked.

" i would rather you not- " i get cut off.

" cool thank you. " brady takes a seat next to me, still keeping his distance. he plops the books down in front of me and leans back into then lockers, admiring the silence.

i grab my books and slide them to the other side of me. i wont say thank you and give him what he wants.

i turn my head away from him.

" am i seriously that hard to look at? " he chuckles.

i don't laugh nor smile.

" you know, when i first met you.. everyone looked at you like you were infected or something. " he tells me.

i scoff. where is he going with this story?

" and when mr rowans approached you.. he said this sentence that had me wondering for days what he was talking about. "

i turn my attention to him.

" he said that he was glad to have you back. " brady sighs.

" what are you trying to say? " i ask. he looked into my eyes.

those same fucking eyes that made you want to melt into his touch and do whatever he asked you too.

" my point is that i want you back, el. " my heart was beating abnormally faster.

" you know that can't happen. " i stand up and shove my books into my locker.

" yeah but it could happen! " he quickly stands up and follows me as i walk out of the school.

" no it cant! you hurt me, brady! "

i stop and turn to face him. the rain was pouring down my shoulders.

" you know i didn't mean anything i said in that video. " he mumbles.

i shake my head. " but you still said it! what do you not understand about that! " i throw my hands up in the air before crossing my arms.

" i know.. i know i said it! but i was just scared! "

" of what?! " i yell.

" of losing my best friend! i was scared that if i told him i was falling in love with his little sister, he'd dump our friendship and it would ruin the spark we had between me and you! " he yells over the rain, stepping closer to me.
our faces were inches apart.

i didnt know what to say.

my eyes were tearing and my emotions were all over the place.

" you loved me? " is what i manage to say.

he shakes his head. " yes. i fucking love you, lilah! " he throws his hands to my face and cups it, pushing our lips together.

i stood there in shock before pushing him backwards. he looked at me weirdly. did brady just kiss me? and did i like it?

" you can't just kiss me and.. and.. " i pause and tilt my head.

" oh fuck it. " i mumble and throw my hands around his neck, pressing our lips together again.

he places his hands on my waist and tilted his head with mine, gaining more access. my chest felt like it was jagged with a knife. but in a good way.

this really shouldn't be happening. its a mistake, i tell myself. so why am i not pulling away? why am i letting him doing this. it's impossible to pull away because it feels right.

this is what i was meant for him. i was meant to be with him. i'm meant to kiss him every chance i get, and hold his hand as a couple, not friends.

it felt right.

brady pulls back and rests his forehead on mine. we both catch our breathes.

" does this mean you forgive me? " he awkwardly says.

i laugh and look up at him. he smiled.

" you love me.. " i mumble. he looks down in embarrassment.

" i get it if you don't feel the same wa- "

" i love you, brady. "

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

writer speaks!!
do you forgive me now

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!