Its like falling asleep.

You could feel yourself falling. As you were in a daze staring at Mizzens body, you hadn't noticed Coral start to climb again, you hadn't noticed her make it behind you. As you hit the ground, the ache from the wound in your back began to throb again. Coral jumped down attempting to land her spear into your gut, you roll moving out of the way watching the ground dent as the spear clashes against it. Breathe. You need to breathe.

Coral begins to swing again, she moves once, then twice. you raise your axe managing to knock the spear out of her hands as she attempts to land another deadly blow, before moving in attempt to hit her, she swings again, knocking you down to the ground your axe falling a good few feet away. You reach out, just a little more. Just a little more. Your fingers brush the axe, go. You move quicker then you can think, slamming the axe into her ankle. She lets out a sharp cry falling to her knees. You push yourself away looking over Corals shoulder, Lucy Gray, putting out a singular water bottle. She catches your eye, pausing for one moment. Her fists clench tightly, Before running, hiding back into vents, slamming it shut.

She did leave you, just as Reaper warned you. She wasn't your friend. You feel yourself growing angry, Coral reaches down for her spear again, you move faster, swinging a leg out and kicking her shin. She falls even harder. You move, running, running as fast as you can. You duck behind a difference piece of rubble to Dill, not wanting to risk her safety. You can see her trying to see what's happening, as she again starts to cough into her hand quietly. Her energy clearly up due to the adrenaline of the fight she witnessed.

"Coral!" You hear a voice shout. You peak over slightly, your eyes meeting with a sight of Treech, following the other boy to her side. She was still on the ground. Huffing heavily. "She got mizzen. That.. that bitch! From your district." Snapped coral rising to her feet grasping tightly onto the boys arm. "We'll get that song bird, then.. then I'm gonna get her." She snarls her gaze falling to the air vents. You take a deep breath watching Treeches eyes fall, his jaw going slack at hearing your violence. He seems to start searching the arena for you. He knows he can't protect you now, she's looking directly for you. Not just trying to kill you because of the games, but because of her revenge.

You watch them walk away slumping against the stone shutting your eyes tightly taking deep, loud breaths. "Dill?" You call suddenly sitting up, your eyes widening as you remembered the girl. You began looking over to where she had been, she was knelt by the water Lucy Gray had left out. "Dill?" You call again moving to her side as she downed it. Her coughing was getting even more violent, but stopped. Her eyes started to shut as she laid down beside the bottle, knocking it down. It began to spill over the hard stone you quickly grab it before it can spill onto her. "Dill? Come on you can't lie here... it's not.... Dill?" You call again gently shaking her this time. Oh my god. She wasn't breathing. Her chest was stilled, her eyes closed.

You pull her upwards settling her head onto your lap. "Dill?" You whisper moving her hair from her face. You listen for a reply. Nothing. No more coughing. You could feel your eyes becoming watery. She was gone. You watched as a small trickle of blood befell her lips. No, not Dill. You shut your eyes. It was better to go this way. Better than to Coral. It didn't make you feel better, you felt worse. Bile began to creep up your throat.

"Dill? Y/n?" You heard Reapers shout, you forgot. He's going to kill you. He will think it's your fault. You can feel yourself begin to panic. You look over to Reaper as he began to approach you to even closer, his eyes move to Dill, noticing her eyes shut he then moves even faster, starting to run. When he reaches you two, he falls to his knees beside you, his eyes widening at Dills state. "Dill? No... no." He said his eyes widening as tears came into his waterline. "Reaper I'm so sorry..." you creak out as you rub your eyes. He reaches out pulling her from your lap cradling her frail body close.

It's quite, too quiet. Your eyes finally look at Treeches face. He's angry. He's furious. "Go." He snaps his eyes still on Dill. Your eyes widen. "Reaper.." his eyes snap to you, his voice raising in harshness. "Go, go or I'll kill you. I'm showing you mercy. Only once. For Dill." He snaps cradling her closer. You nod slowly, choked back sobs you had held in since the start of the games began to fall out as you grabbed your axe. Where would you go? You look back to the pole. You turn on your heels as you slowly make your way over cries never stopping, not once as you begin to climb. As you make it to the top, Reaper eventually stands leaning down and picking up Dills body.

He takes her over to where Marcus lays. Placing her gently, putting her hands over her chest in a cross. He moves again, reaching down pulling up Bobbin, carrying the boy over carefully to where Dill lays, he didn't grimace, not once at the smell of the bodies, or the site of the rot appearing in the skin of the bodies.

He then moves with a sense of purpose, his strong hands reaching up clasping tightly onto the flag of the Capitol, before pulling it down in a fury. He then walks back to the bodies, draping it over them, giving them some sense of peace. He then turns to the camera which is focussed on on him. He raises his arms in a shrug trying to keep himself from bursting into tears.

"Are you going to punish me now?"

—————————————————————

Oh.. she's dead? Awh... awh... anyways! So now you have coral after you 😭😭 how great.