Songbird vs rattlesnakes

Up on that pole, you never noticed how small everyone else looked, Reaper who stood at about six two seemed, smaller, younger. More childlike as tears begin to weep from his eyes, grabbing his dagger as he walks down, deep into the tunnels.
You could see Wovey, she still hadn't left her position from behind the rocks. She looked exhausted, her little tired arms fighting to keep her from falling to her side. You wanted to go and grab her, bring her tightly into your arms and comfort her. Whisper words of praise for lasting this long.

You could see Coral. Followed closely by the other boy, and Treech. Who stood a good few feet from them. He seemed nervous as Coral, with her spear ready began to approach the hall from where you had entered, holding her spear up. The boy separated, going to the air ducts where Lucy Gray had initially climbed in. He then raised his spear, slamming it deep and harshly into the duct.  "Come out come out little birdy.." he hissed before slamming it again. He let out a rapid sound of horrific laughter as he slid down the rubble. Dust rose up from the action hiding his form.

You feel your eyes widen as he went silent, leaning in closer to better hear. He heard shuffling as Lucy Gray began to back away from him in the vents. You were sure by now, she was terrified. You could feel yourself getting nervous too even if you weren't in the conflict. She's going to get caught, there's no where to go. The boy jumps down from his spot, giving Treech a harsh smack on the back. "Swap with me. Go watch the duct." He snarled with a joyous smile.

Treech, biting his tongue had held back any attitude, he didn't want to die. Not in front of you. His eyes crept back up to yours. You could feel your eyes begin to fill with tears. Treech then began to slowly climb the rubble returning to the duct. He stared at him, before his gaze fell to you. His face began to twist in confusion at the lack of Reaper or Dill by your side.

Suddenly there was a loud slamming sound, as Coral began to bang on the metal to find Lucy Gray. You noticed some dust fall from the vent into the boy behind Corals face, he shifted uncomfortably. "Coral..." he whispered pointing upwards. Coral moved faster, slamming the boy out of the way her spear jutting through in an attempt to hit Lucy Gray.

You watched the boy though, he was coughing. Not the violent kind like Dill had once produced, but something more guttural, like something was invading his neck, and throat. He began to remove his jacket, as he began to splutter up blood, eventually falling to the floor. Did coral do that? What had happened in that split second? You felt yourself lean forward for a better look your eyes unable to pull away despite how much you wanted too. He was on the ground now, heaving and letting out desperate cries, clawing rapidly at his neck at the lack of air. Suddenly the scoreboard flashed. He was dead. But, why? What had happened?

Treech had begun to back away, he was leaving. Why was he leaving? Your mind began to race. Coral had moved quicker, coming to the boys side wrapping a tight hand around Treeches wrist. "Keep an eye on your girlfriend later when I kill her. Focus on Gray." She snarled.

Treech furrowed his brows. "She's not my girlfriend.." Coral scoffed letting him go. He rubbed his wrist, his hand gently making soothing motions over the now bruise forming. His eyes met yours again. You could see his mouth begin to exaggeratedly move. "Stay there. Don't move." He mouthed his eyes watching you with a sense of earnest, and concern. You nod your head slowly, showing you understand. You take the axe and bring it closer to you, incase Coral gave up on reaching Gray and kept to her word of attacking you next. The odds of that happening were unlikely, but never zero.

You could feel yourself begin to seethe. Why didn't Treech step up and do something? She was hurting him. You look to the ducts noticing Lucy Gray coming out, slowly and quietly. Her eyes met with yours with a pleading look, desperate for you not to say anything from your post. You frown shaking your head. You won't be responsible for another death. You watched her eventually hop out beginning to sprint as fast as she could from her spot, Coral eventually noticing moving even faster to keep up with her. She's going to die, Corals much faster. Corals much stronger. Coral began to get an edge on her as Treech ran around the other way stopping Lucy Gray in her tracks.

She was backed into a corner.   Eventually, and slowly her back hit the pole you were on, her breaths were laboured, panting as tears filled her eyes. Treech kept his eyes on her, paying no mind to you. His axe tightly clasped in his left hand. Ready to launch at her if she made any sign of a sudden movement. Any kind of danger, or threat. Coral, and her spear stayed firmly still though, the only sign of life was the wicked smile creeping onto her lips. Slowly, she began to let out a chuckle, then a violent cruel laugh.

"No where to run now Gray.." she said slyly. Her eyes moving upwards to you. "Once we get her, your next wood girl. If you ever thought that you could get away with killing Mizzen? You were wrong. Hell, maybe I'll even make Treech kill you. We both know he won't protect you." You could see his face fall as she began to launch forwards preparing for an easy, fast kill with Lucy Gray. She moved quicker, stumbling as her back almost hit Treech. He frowned shutting his eyes tightly as he raised his axe, ready to hit her.

You spot Reaper move out from his hiding place, moving closer to the fight ducking down behind rubble. You wanted to call him out for it, to get back at him for leaving you alone, but you couldn't. You couldn't do that to him.
To Dill.

A whirring noise caught your attention as it began screaming even louder as it got closer. A helicopter, Decked out in all kinds of Capitol signs carrying a large container of... something down to the arena. You could feel yourself getting breathless as the chain eventually undid, crashing loudly into the centre of the arena.

It landed firmly on top of the flag, covering the bodies. A loud sound of bones shattering filled the arena as Reaper then let out a sharp inhale through his nose, anger rising into his face.

"What is that... you whisper out as loud silence began to fill the arena, not one person making any move.

—————————————————————-

Oh! Well this is not looking too good for you guys then. Well anyways! I have made a third Treech book 😋 this time from a perspective of a reader as a peacekeeper, the trope follows a childhood friends to enemies to lovers. And I plan to make it quite tragic. Go have a read! Next chapter will be up soon!!!