Did you mean it.

You both had been sat in silence for hours, taking in the fate of Lucy Gray. What if one of you two were next? They only allow one winner.. you take in the appearance of Treech. He was slumped on the other bed, his hat to his side, his hands firmly clasping his head.

"Did you mean it?" You quietly ask, your gaze staying firmly on him. He sniffs before making eye contact with you again. "Mean what?" He frowns, sitting up slightly to show his attention to what you were going to say.

"About never hurting me. Coral was going to make you kill me, were you going to?" You whisper out, afraid to hear the response. He pauses, staring at you dumbfounded. "You don't trust me?" He asked, his hands falling into his lap.

"No. No I dont." You say simply your gaze falling to the cold, white ground. "You said you wouldn't hurt me, but she knew you would listen to her, because you were afraid."

He stands up abruptly, anger covering his face. "You know I wouldn't! Y/n you are my friend. I would... I'd rather die than do that to you." He whispered out as he moves to where you sat, sitting down next to you. You let out a heavy sigh.

"Trust is the most important thing to me. It is. And Treech, if I can't trust you? Then you and I are done. When we go home, we go our separate ways." You snap. He scoffs grabbing your hand tightly, staring at you seriously.

"If there's anyone you can trust, it's me."

"Lucy Gray trusted Snow, now she's dead." You said sadly, your gaze returning to his face. He frowns at that staring at the ground. 'That was a low blow, even for you.' You think.

He however begins to straighten up, his gaze returning tenderly to your face. "I trust you. You wanna know why I do? Because you let me live, you helped me onto the beam, when the snakes attacked you helped me. I trust you with my life y/n, even if you dont trust me." He said.

This was the most serious you had ever seen him, it was, endearing. To see the once hard headed, snark of a boy, becoming soft, willing to die for you? It made you want to cry, you can feel the tears begin to fall before you can say anything. Treech reaches a gentle hand up to your face, wiping them away delicately.

His hand was still roughened from the arena, you could feel the cuts that had begun to scab from climbing the rocks to get away from the snakes as fast as possible. They were still calloused from using the axe from such a young age.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry I didn't stay with you in the arena..." he murmured, his hand cupping your cheek the most gentle it had ever been in your life. You could feel your tears begin to fall harder.

A loud, echoing knock sounded on the door. Treeches hand pulls away from your face. "Yes?" He calls out, the door swings up revealing a woman, she was terrifying. She had dark curly hair, gray had streaked through most of it.

She wore red, matching the uniform of the students. Her most noticeable feature, was her eye. It was a milky white, standing out from the dark eyeshadow she wore.

"Our victors." She greets, a twisted sadistic smile on her face. She strolls into the room looking around, drinking in your appearances. "Hm. You look malnourished, and tired too." She grins. Treech moves to stand in front of you. He could feel that her presence was off, just as you could too.

"Who are you?" Treech says sourly, his arms crossing firmly in front of his body. She continues to smile wickedly. "Dr Gaul. Head of game making. I created those lovely snakes, and that arena."

You could feel your body stiffen. She made the games? If she was here, that meant something had happened. "I'm sure you had heard of Lucy Grays fate. Don't worry, you're both... fine. You will be sent back to seven, together of course." She said sighing drearily. "Of course if I had it my way, neither of you, nor Lucy Gray would haveve made it out of the arena." She snapped out suddenly.

"Why did she have to die?" You suddenly find yourself asking. Rising to your feet next to Treech.

She lets out a scoff. "She's an example, not just to you tributes... But to our students. Coriolanus Snow cheated. And Helped her win. He has been made an example of, and Lucy Gray Baird had to follow suit." She snarled her gaze focussing on you.

"Nobody deserves that." Treech snaps suddenly.

She let out a hum, her gaze moving to the TV in the corner. "You leave tonight, you'll arrive by early morning. By train of course." She smiles sadistically, turning on her heel back to the door.

"Goodbye... victors." She snarls out. A snap of a laugh leaving her mouth as she then, walks away. Treech continued to eye her, watching the door shut heavily behind her. He slumps back against the bed, sat close to your side.

"She's scary, more then your.." before he can finish you twist your body, smacking his arm. "Don't. It is not the time." You snap rolling your eyes. He smiles, a small, gentle one. "We are going home, finally."

He smiles at the ground. "I can't wait to see my mum..." you turn to him raising a brow. "You're such a mamas boy.." he scoffs nudging your arm.

"Treech?" You call quietly leaning into his side. "Yeah? What is it?" He murmurs.
You pause for a moment, leaning some more weight into his side. "Don't leave me?" He turns his attention to you, staring into your eyes. "I'm not going anywhere, not even when we get back home."

"Get some sleep." He says suddenly, standing up, returning to the other bed he had been sat on before. You let out a sigh.

—————————————————————-

You guys are such cuties. Can't wait for you to get home 😜🤫 or will you..? ANYWHO!!! MAYBE UPDATE WILL COME LATER? OR TOMMOZA!!!

MAKW SURE TO READ ROADS UNKNOWN!!! NEXT CHAPTER UP NOW!!!