Your promise.

The train came to a slow stop. You were home. You could smell the wood, the sap of the trees, the fresh air. It felt so alien to what you had experienced in the Capitol.

Treech had tensed up, his hands once lightly cupping yours that were lain on the table, were clenching them. His eyes searching the station for anyone familiar.
You could take a gamble, his mother.

You stood up, gently holding out your hand. "We can't sit in here forever Treech." You whisper out, your eyes returning to the stop.

Was your mother there? Your father? Would they greet you? Kindly?

Slowly, Treech rises to his feet, an arm winding around yours. "Then... let's go." He sighs out,as you both, slowly begin to wonder towards the exit.

As you begin to step down, you realised just how different the air truly was compared to the Capitol, it was not stale. It was not stuffy. It was cold, sharp and fresh, Stabbing deeply into your lungs.

You could feel yourself struggle to adapt back to the air. You took deep breaths in blowing out visible air. You noticed Treech doing the same, as he watched your gaze, he offered an uncertain smile.

Your eyes began to flutter closed as the breeze hit your face. This was home, your home.

"Y/n! My Y/n!" A voice began to shout, shoving and forcing their presents through the crowds. Your mother, your father in tow coming at you with a desperation you hadn't seen in a long time.

"My girl.. my baby your home. God your home." Your mother clasped your face tightly, you kept a grip on Treeches wrist as she pulled you closer. Her tears running down her cheeks, onto your clothes and skin.

Your father, ever stoic stayed further back, away from any outlet of emotion. You knew if it came to it, if you joined his side before you were in the confines of your home, he would crack, tears would eventually fall.

"Treech!" An older female voice cries out, his mother, she looked exhausted and yet so full of life at the sight of her son. Her hair was graying, pulled into a bun, her axe strapped to her back. She'd left work early you assumed.

She began to charge up next to you, Treech let go of your hand, sprinting towards her, they met with a slam, barely catching the other as they fell to the ground.

You could hear his cries echo in the large station. His mother's blending in alongside him. He was home too.

Realisation began to sink in, you made it. You were home, people had died for this. The small amount of tears that had initially fallen turned to streams, to floods.

Your mother's grasp tightened on you, pulling you further into her arms. It's over. That's all that was repeated in your mind as your throat closed, tears and sobs continuing to leave your body.

A different emotion was filling you, a different one from the happiness you thought you'd feel.

Shame.

Lucy Gray should have won, even in her mentors cheating, she should have lived.

Wovey.

Reaper.

Dill.

The people who got you through the games, who sacrificed their safety for you, Reaper who let you live, even after Dills kindness that made him take you in. A large risk, an ally. Wovey, who even in her purity, her naivety tried to comfort you, tried to help you.

They all should have lived, your sobs began to turn into loud cries as you tried to cover your shame with your hands. Hide your face.

Your mother however, even in her own cries of pity, her love for you, pulled them away. Pulling you close into her chest. Her baby.

You could still see Treech, he was fully on the ground now, as his mother and father cradled him, hauling him up and into their arms.

They were taking him home, your parents gently pulled you along too, you were leaving too, back to your home.

—————————————————————

Your home came into sight, it was still standing the same, wooden and strong. You could still feel your eyes begin to sting with tears.

You somehow, with the help of your parents managed to climb up the steps and open the door. And also make it into your room.

It was just as you had left it. Your bed unmade, some childhood toys littering the soft sheets.

Walls where smugglers had managed to print pictures of you, friends and family, stuck to your wall. The window that gave you easy access to the outside was open.

You couldn't help the inhale you took as you moved further into your room, settling on top of the bed.

Your mother lingered in the door, her eyes whilst less worried, still full of concern. "We left it as it was, we... didn't want to move any." You couldn't help but look down.

They left it as it was, in order to bring some life into the home if you didn't make it. If you were faced with Corals spear in your neck, or sliced to pieces by Mizzens ropes.

You let out the breath you held in. "Thank you..." you murmur, your eyes meeting your mothers. You nod, trying to show your gratitude. She offers a small smile. Slowly closing your door, Leaving you alone.

You let your body lean backwards, falling against the bed. Shutting your eyes tightly, you began to think again, this was the first night you'd been without Treech. Alone for the first time at night with your thoughts.

Was he taking it well? The loneliness? Probably better than you were. You continued to take deep breaths. You were alive. He was too. It was going to be ok.

You were going to be ok, both of you.

—————————————————————

Omg... two flipping days later and I updated 😜

Icl it's going to be one more chapter.. 😭😭 CRYING THIS WAD ONE OF MY FAVS TO WRITE.

BUT NO FEAR!! My Sejanus story and OTHER OTHER Treech book will still be regularly updated.

GO READ THEM 😭🤬🤬🤬