*Part One*

___________No One's POV___________

"Good morning class! Today, I'd like you to welcome our newest student, Eden Spiel!"

Mrs. Bustier waited patiently for the class to settle down a little before continuing. She'd spoken in English, rather than the usual French, and the class exchanged glances. Marinette looked at the nervous girl in curiosity. Auburn brown hair and dazzling hazel eyes, she was rather pretty. Tan too; Marinette guessed she was from somewhere sunny.

"Eden, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?"

The girls looked around before addressing the class, taking a breath to settle her nerves. She still looked a little jet-lagged, with dark bags clinging heavily under her eyes. "Hey, I'm Eden. I'm from the states; Arkansas to be exact. I don't speak French, but I do know Spanish and obviously English."

A few kids laughed around the room, and Eden smiled, gaining confidence.

"I'm here as part of my school's foreign exchange, and I was supposed to have two other kids come with me, but that didn't work out. I think it had something to do with the, uh, Akumen attacks?"

Chloe snickered, but the girl just shook her head, grinning.

"I said it wrong, didn't I?"

"Don't worry about it girl, you'll get it down pretty quick. It's Akuma attacks." Alya supplied helpfully.

"Thanks..." Eden trailed off.

"Alya."

"Cool. Thanks, Alya. I like your hair, by the way."

Marinette found herself smiling at how friendly Eden was. She was still a little awkward, but the more she spoke, the less nervous she became.

"So, Eden, where exactly is Arkansas on the map?" Rose asked.

"If you have a map, I'd be happy to show you. It's funny, most people in the US that aren't southern don't even realize that Arkansas is a state." Eden chuckled, and the class chuckled with her.

"Alright class, I'm sure you'll all do your best to make Eden feel welcome, but we need to get to our work for today. Before we begin, though, we'll have to change seats to accommodate our newest student.

"Last week, I had you all vote on the student in our class that you all thought would best represent our class and you overwhelmed me with the results. Almost unanimously, Adrian Agreste won, so Adrian, you will be our student guide for Eden for the following weeks."

Nino and Adrian fist-bumped and Nino started gathering his things. Eden smiled at Adrian before taking Nino's place and arranging her array of binders.

"Crap," she said, before turning back to face Alya.

"You don't happen to have a pencil I could borrow, do you?" She asked, sheepishly. Alya laughed and handed her a bright purple one, telling her to keep it.

"Thanks, buddy." Eden told her, turning back around. Marinette noted how friendly Eden and Alya were already.

"First day, and you already need to borrow a pencil," Adrien joked, playfully poking her in the shoulder. Eden rolled her eyes, and poked him back. "Listen, it was a long plane ride."

Marinette frowned slightly. Eden really seemed to have already hit it off with Adrien. With everyone, actually. And she hadn't been here for more than ten minutes.

"Oh, I meant to ask you," Eden said, turning back around to face Marinette. "What's your name?"

"Marinette Dupen-Cheng," She said, and Eden reached out a hand to shake.