*Part Fifteen*

___________Eden's POV___________

"Remember class, your video projects are due this Friday, so make sure you're using your class time wisely," the teacher announced, making a point to make eye contact with me. I smiled awkwardly, closing my book and opening my computer to where Nathaniel and I had been editing the music video. We were almost done, but I had lost motivation for the project three days ago.

"Luka, how's the music for the voiceover coming?" I asked, trying to make it look like I was doing something useful so the teacher would get off my case. My voice was hoarse from all the singing I'd done over the weekend; yesterday, I didn't have a voice at all. Still, Luka heard me and glanced up, his nose scrunched up slightly from his previous state of concentration.

"It's coming, but slowly. I can't get the beat to match up with some of the scenes of us playing," he huffed, and I nodded.

"Anything I can do to help?"

"Finish cutting and pasting all the clips we're using? That would help me find a starting point at least," he suggested.

I sighed but started working anyway. Cut, copy, paste, edit. Cut, copy, paste, edit. Gosh, I'd only done two videos and I was losing my mind. I decided to watch the clock tick, but even the second hand seemed to be moving in slow motion.

"Hey, can you stop tapping your pencil," Nathaniel asked, cutting his eyes at me. I hadn't realized I was tapping it.

"Uh, yeah, sorry," I said, placing the pencil just out of reach to ensure I didn't start tapping it again. Sadly, however, the second my pencil tapping ceased, my leg took up the cause, bouncing up and down and shaking my seat slightly.

"What's the matter with you, Eden, are you waiting on something?" Nathaniel finally asked, and I shook my head.

"No, I just don't want to be working on this anymore. It's boring,"

Nathaniel nodded in agreement, but Luka spoke up.

"I know it's boring, but this was your idea, remember? So let's just get it done and over with so we don't have to worry about it anymore," he sighed, and I frowned slightly. He had a point, but he'd been so short with me lately like I'd done something to annoy him. I was beyond bothered that he wouldn't just talk to me about it, but even more so that I had no idea what I did.

"Is something wrong, Luka?" I finally asked, and he looked up at me, confused.

"Huh? No, I just want us to get this project over with, is all."

There wasn't an edge to his voice, there was nothing at all. It was neutral, and nothing like the usual easy-going, happy blue-haired boy I was used to. I had the feeling that he wasn't telling me something, but I figured he probably had a reason to. Maybe he just didn't want to talk about it right now. Better change the subject to something a little happier.

"So, are you guys excited about the rehearsals with Jagged Stone?" I asked, and Luka smiled a little.

"Yeah, rehearsing with my dad is always pretty fun," he said, and I could only stare in shock.

"Wait, your dad's the Jagged Stone? The rockstar? The one opening for Gabrial?" I sputtered, and he laughed.

"You didn't know?" he asked, and I smirked at him.

"There's a lot I don't know about you, Luka."

He rolled his eyes, the cold feelings from earlier had dissipated.

"You know my favorite color."

I cringed internally as I remembered that trainwreck of a conversation.