one

dedicated to peachieluke bc she is the queen of hybrid stories

+

i rolled over on my stomach, letting ashton large hands glide over my back soothingly as i purred. "such a good boy." he chuckled, scratching behind my ear before getting up to check on parker. i got on top of the couch and waited patiently for him to come back.

it was pouring outside, the sounds of rain hitting softly on the window put me in a small silence till someone knocked at the door. i quickly got off the couch and went under it, hearing ashton's footsteps patting across the hard wood floors till the door opened. "mr. irwin? we'd like to talk to you for a second if that's okay."

"uh- yeah sure, just be quiet i just put my kid to sleep." ashton chuckled lightly and let the stranger in. a couple seconds later the couch dipped above me. "can i get you anything?"

"we're okay, thank you. please, sit." gross, they're so formal.

"we had some regards about you having a cat, is that true?" one of the other men spoke.

"no, i don't have time for another animal in the house." ashton smiled, used to lying about having me. let's just say i knock over a lot of lamps.

"i see, luke?"

ashton shifted in his chair and my ears perked up at my name. "luke, come here boy."

i kept under the couch until ashton spoke up. "i don't know who luke is and i certainly don't own a cat. can you please leave now?"

"oh, we're not leaving until we have that cat, ashton."

all of sudden the couch moved and i froze, my tail felt like it was glued to the floor.

"well well well, would you look what we have here."