ten

i sat on the couch, sweatpants hanging loosely on my hips while the black t-shirt practically poured over my shoulders. "are you sure it isn't too big?"

i quickly shook my head no, wrapping my arms around myself trying to show him it was perfect but he only giggled. "go to bed lukey, i'll be here in the morning."

i nodded, the couch draped in countless blankets and pillows as i snuggled up to them. i closed my eyes, letting darkness take over for me but not enough to feel ashton's warm lips kissing my forehead.

+

the sound of the front door opening and closing quietly woke me up.

footsteps patted down the hallway and i pulled the blanket over me, trying to hide from whoever was in the room.

"luke what are you doing?"

i slowly pushed the covers down, a smiling ashton hovering above me. i let out a small squeak in response and he shook his head. "do you need some water?"

once i croaked out a 'yes' ashton went to the kitchen and came back with a small glass of water that i sipped from, the coldness relaxing my throat. [*coughs* that won't be the only thing relaxing your throat]

ashton hopped over the couch, legs outstretching over my lap tiredly. "if you were still a cat i'd be crushing you."

i quickly shoved his feet up, setting the glass down on the table and crawling over to ashton's lap. "a-and since i-i'm part cat i-i can still do t-this."

i straddled ashton's thighs, leaning my head against his chest and smirked when hearing how fast his heart was beating. my arms wrapped around his neck loosely and he buried his face in my neck. "i missed you kitten."

'm-misses you t-too."