eleven

i sat on the floor, my tail swinging behind me as parker giggled, reaching for one of my ears. ashton had just brought her home from school after cuddling with me on the couch for a good hour. "lukey you got so big!"

"i-i know parker." i grinned, bending my head down and feeling her play with my ears.

she scratched at a certain spot behind my ear and i froze, my stomach turning before i let out a loud scream. ashton ran into the room and i moaned, pressing my paws against my stomach- paws.

i shook my head, looking down at my body seeing i was a cat. "luke?"

i outstretched my paws out in front of me before looking up at asthon. "what happened?"

he tilted his head to the side and i mentally groaned realizing it probably came out as meows.

i got on my fours, running out of the room and towards the bathroom. i scratched at the door seeing it was closed and ashton rushed over and opened it for me. i nodded my head at him before jumping up on the toilet seat and onto the counter.

i moved my head side to side, looking at my ears before lifting my hind leg and scratching at it.

nothing.

i scratched again, trying to get every spot but i froze when i scratched against my right ear just under it. i gasped, my stomach churning and i squeezed my eyes shut, only to open them when i felt myself being lifted. "y-you can shape shift?"

"i-i guess so." i squeaked when ashton's hand slipped under my thighs and rested on my bum. "i can walk, t-thank you."

ashton set me down on the floor and i grinned, scratching at my ear quickly and letting myself turn back into a cat. i ran off towards parker, seeing her gasp as i climbed into her lap. i nuzzled into her chest and got off, running in circles around her. she squealed and i quickly scratched at my ear again.

the rest of the day i spent shifting back and forth until ashton yelled at me telling me i might get stuck as one or the other. i sighed, sitting on top of the counter top as i swung my legs out in front of me. "you suck."

"and swallow." ashton shrugged and grabbed three bowls down before filling them with spaghetti. i licked my lips as he poured cheese over two of them and sauce on one of them. he handed me the one with cheese and parker climbed up on the chair and sat down with us.

ashton set the other bowl with cheese in front of parker and sat across from me.

i smiled to myself now that the thought of everything being okay was back in my head.

at least i hoped.