6

Blue irises lost upon a pool of pink jewels.

3rd POV

Looking into her eyes, Poseidon couldn't help but feel enamored with her.

He hated it, but at the same time, he surprisingly craved her presence.
He wanted her to look at him with those kind eyes of hers.

She was staring intensely at him, both lost in their own thoughts.

~meanwhile, her thoughts ~
'I'm about to get murdered here, by this handsome tyrant, is he going to snap my neck? '

"And what would I get in return, if I were to listen to your foolish request "
His fingers grazed up and held on both sides of her cheeks, which he found it surprisingly soft and plumpy.

She winced when he squeezed, awaiting for her answer.
"I too don't know what would a god, such as yourself want, you have everything you would ask for "

That answer only fueled the tyrant's ego, however, there was one bitter feeling in his heart.
He wanted someone to be his, to claim as his, to love him, to breathe only for him and he secretly wanted someone worthy to be by his side.

As much as he was annoyed, he wanted this woman as his.
He wanted her loyalty and undivided attention, only for him alone.

Despite seeing her only once,
She was perfection in his eyes

"Be my wife "

.......... …..... …................

Blink

Blink

Blink

She struggled in his hold.
"What?... What the hell-.... Let go "

"Stop moving "
His command was stern.

She ceased her movement and pouted.

Well that seemed to strike an arrow to the tyrant's cold heart.

"I'm waiting for your answer "

"To be fair, your pretty blunt, and secondly, marriage for me without dating first is something I don't  want "

"I'm a king, do you think that a measly thing such as dating concerns me? "
He glared at her.

"I just wanna know a person more before marrying him, you know, stranger   danger? "

Poseidon frowned, his eyebrows furrowed,
'What kind of stranger danger is she talking about? '

Plucking some courage, Violette reached for his face, placing both her palms on either sides, she stroked his cheeks.
"Don't frown, you look old"

If it was anyone, they would have had their hands severed, since it was her, he tolerated of course,
because he wouldn't  want a dead wife.

She finally let go,
Her eyes anywhere but him,
Well this annoyed him of course,
The rejection he felt, he was a king, a perfect being without any flaws and a god above all others.

She dare reject him?

"Of course I'm not rejecting you, it's  just that I've never been with a man before and since I lived on earth, the thought about getting to know someone better first seems better for me.. "

The fact that she had not been with any man, made her more desirable.

But,
Poseidon couldn't take this,
He only thought of one thing that came to his mind,
"You want me to court you? "