24

The next morning

3rd POV

Poseidon's palace

The tyrant was already in a bad mood as he did not receive any response nor has the woman shown up at his palace.

He didn't really have any patience to begin with, and this was putting him on the edge.

The servants made sure to steer out of his way, only serving when needed.
They did not want their heads rolling on the floor.

Unfortunately, one servant had his luck taken away from him when he spilled the wine on the table.

The god merely kept silent, watching the stuttering servant beg for forgiveness.
The others lowered their heads as they knew the outcome.

"Please, forgive me, my king, I will never make the same mistake again"
The servant kneeled and begged, his eyes glossy with tears, and yet, the cruel tyrant did not seem to care.

He stood up, summoned his trident and walked towards the kneeling man.

The man had turned into a sobbing mess, chanting for forgiveness, while silently praying and hoping for someone to save him.

As the god lunged his trident forward, Proteus came in.
"Master, a letter from lady Violette has arrived"

Stopping midway, the trident had almost pierced the man's throat, the tip pricking on his skin, drawing a small amount of blood.

The god of the seas retracted his trident and nodded towards Proteus.

The said god came forward and ushered the scared servant to leave.

'Today is your lucky day, had it not been for lady Violette's letter, you would have been dead'
Proteus thought, silently thanking the goddess.

Poseidon had retreated back to his throne, watching the servant scurry out of the room.

The tyrant said nothing, as he looked at the envelope on Proteus' hand.

Understanding his king's demand, Proteus bowed and handed out the envelope to the god.

Taking the letter in his hand, Poseidon stared at the lavender coloured seal on the envelope, with a flower pattern.

"You may leave, Proteus "
He dismissed his butler.

"As you wish, my king"
Bowing, he soon left the room.

Tearing off the seal, he took out the sheet of paper inside, he was amazed at the neatly written words and the paper had a hint of floral scent, just like her.

He began to read word by word,
Then something caught his interest, the end of the letter where the goddess signed off, was written in a manner which would only be addressed to a loved one.

"Love,
Violette " was written at the end.

There was a little heart drawn after her name.
The tyrant's lips curved into a smile, unfortunately there was no one to notice this rare occurance.

A simple and short letter, yet it had managed to brighten his mood.

'This woman really is something '

~Fast forward to a few minutes after~

Violette had arrived at the palace and she was escorted by Proteus, to Poseidon's office room.

After announcing their arrival, Proteus left the two gods to their own company.

The god had now placed the book on the table and watched as the female made her way to the sofa, sitting opposite to him.