Chapter 2 - The Meeting

The next day~

It was the day the Mafia and Agency were supposed to meet. As Atsushi hurried to get ready, the others were already by the door. Atsushi ran over to the door and straightened his tie a little as the entire group walked over to a park. Their meeting spot.

As Atsushi walked, he kept an eye out to see if he could spot Akutagawa. To no avail, of course.

As they approached the park, a group of people was already there. Waiting. Mori, Chuuya, Akutagawa, and Kouyo were all there patiently, as well as some other of the Mafia members.

As they approached, Atsushi was quick to glance at the tall thin man with sunken eyes. Akutagawa.

Akutagawa looked quite thing, eye bags clearly scene. Even so, he kept himself standing straight. He was holding a handkerchief that was already a bit bloody from his past coughs.

Akutagawa and Atsushi exchanged glances briefly before Mori intervened, "Fukuzawa. Very nice to see you again." He chuckled. Fukuzawa spoke simply, "Likewise."

Mori smirked. "I'd like to postpone my need for one of your Agency members, as the Mafia itself is having issues. Specifically one of our members. I would like to request a member of yours instead to look after our member until he's better."

Fukuzawa seemed slightly surprised and nodded. "It all depends on who."

Mori chuckled, "Atsushi. Your were-tiger." Dazai opened his mouth to speak, but Chuuya cut him off, "We aren't planning on harming him. We just need him for a little while."

Fukuzawa's eyes closed tightly as they twitched. "Atsushi..." Atsushi smiled softly, "I'll be alright! I'll be back in no tine." He glanced over to Akutagawa just to see him hunched over and coughing.

Mori laughed. "Perfect!! Then we have ourselves a deal!!" He smirked as he looked at Atsushi. With a simple gesture, the two groups separated, Atsushi following next to Mori.

Mori's smile dropped as he spoke softly to Atsushi, "I need you to look after Akutagawa. I can tell his days are numbered, and I'd rather him comfortable while he's on his death bed. I'm unsure of the number of days he has left. But based in how bad he's been coughing, he has five."

Atsushi's eyes widened. "So he's going to die...? Why would you want me by his side?"

"I wasn't the one who chose you. Yes, you two work well together, but he chose you himself. Follow him back home." Mori stopped in front of the Mafia building and turned to look at the group. "Akutagawa, go home. You will stay home until further notice with Atsushi by your side."

Akutagawa was about to retort before he covered his mouth with his right hand, coughing four times as small amounts of blood came out. He simply nodded as he led Atsushi back to his apartment.