CH-4- Muffled Screams

Recap: 

Don't worry Luca, I hate myself too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Rachel P.O.V] 

I was just walking with Katie to my dorm, to collect my books. I needed to head to Keith's dorm because that idiot wasn't listening to the accounting lectures, and didn't know that we were paired up to present our ideas and to show off our skills. I took hold of the door knob, twisted it and headed inside my dorm. Of course, it was organized and very basic. I ordered some coffee and plopped on to the couch slamming my books onto the clean glass table as I leaned back and closed my eyes for a nap. 

The alarm went out right on my face, I FORGOT I HAD TO MEET KEITH!!! I quickly changed into casuals, grabbed my bag and dashed towards the boy's dorms and asked for Keith's dorm number. I entered the gate of the dorms through my identity card and dashed to look for dorm 54. It was on the fifth floor!! and of course the elevator had died on me, forcing me to go through the stairs. I stared at the amount of stairs in horror and immediately started climbing them. After 10 hours of pain, I finally reached the dorm. I inhaled deeply, and prepared my patience, since Keith really was a pain the butt. I held the door handle, when a scream caught me by surprise. 

"How could you think of these things?" shouted a voice that I think belonged to Keith "That's not what I meant Keith I-" "NO! You thought I only kept you around BECAUSE YOU REMINDED ME OF KRIS?" I pressed my ear against the door, to see if Keith was meeting up with delinquents "I didn't mean that Keith, just hear me out-" "I won't... I can't believe I thought of you as my friend, while you had those thoughts running through your head. Sure, I thought at first that you were a guardian angel Kris sent over for me, but then you acted like you were my friend! Tell me that I am overreacting because I am. He did look like a guardian angel, I was wrong, clearly." It was Keith, but his voice was strangely heavy. It wasn't any of my business, so I just leaned against the door and waited for the fight to get over. 

After that, I just heard a lot of muffled screams, that seemed to have belong to a guy with a very soft voice. But the screams got louder every second as he yelled. "What about you, huh?" "what do you me-" "Acting like you're the main character every time, while I am the side character or best friend at most, cast me aside while you are with others, and whenever you are sad, come running to me." The voice of the person was broken, I leaned forward, and pressed my head against the wall, as if I wanted to soothe and comfort whoever was in there. "Well, you are the one who abandoned me first!" Abandoned? "What do you think made me leave? You, that's right, I was tired of being a side character in my own story, with you always stealing the spotlight. I'm done with being a second choice. You kept on calling me your best friend, while you stayed with other people more than me. My parents got divorced and my dad died, but you don't care even in the least, do you?" The person really went through hell, and turns out they were friends from a long time, I am guessing it was Luca. But, if he really is his friend, why would Keith abandon him like that? I had many questions, but it wasn't my place to ask them. 

Suddenly, I head an ear-shattering thud and, the door opened, I fell right in and almost on him. Keith just stared me and grabbed my hand and rushed towards the staircase. While running I saw that he was carrying Luca in his hands who was unconscious, I suppose that he was running towards the infirmary . "What happened to Luc-"I'll tell you later Rach," he replied I just nodded and kept on running towards the infirmary. We finally reached and dashed inside. 

Keith laid him on a bed and the nurse asked us to wait outside. Since this was one of the best collages in the continent, it provided us with the best services with infirmaries as big as an entire apartment. We were told to wait in the other room, so we stood outside, since we both were way to anxious to sit down. "Well, why were you standing in front of my dorm?" Keith asked me, breaking the unwanted silence between us. "We are paired up for a project, I wanted to tell you about it." "Oh, well, how long were you standing there for?" he continued "I kind of heard the entire conversation, you guys were pretty loud." "So now you know what a piece of shit I am?" I wanted to agree, but something in me felt guilty, knowing it wasn't his fault. I put my hand on his shoulder and fixed eye contact with him, using my gentle voice to soothe him. He was trembling. "Keith, don't disregard yourself like that, you were only 5 years old, with early trauma. It's not your fault." I'd never even thought of using my soft voice with Keith, but here I was. Keith stared at me in disbelief, normally he'd joke around but he just hugged me. It was unexpected but I hugged him back. "Keith and Rachel!" a nurse called. "Yes we are here!" Keith replied. "You two are a cute couple, unfortunately, The syncope your friend went through was pretty serious, his blood pressure dropped a lot very fast. He might need to stay here longer than intended." He told us. I would usually correct the nurse that I hate him, but I couldn't care any less about this. Keith's eyes had gotten very dark, his eyes usually shined, but they just looked as meaningless as the ocean. I tried to force a smile, I know we weren't exactly close, but after everything he went through, he deserves the world. 

Keith suddenly shot up  "Rach, I am going inside, just wait for me in my dorm, I need to talk to him alone. 

With that, he left. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like the chapter!!

-Lara 

Word Count- 1087 words

P.S- Sammy couldn't proofread it since I wrote this pretty late