10. Colette

I'm going crazy! I'm completely freaking out!!!

PIPER!!! How could it be that I, her biggest fan, didn't immediately recognize the magically graceful, heavenly brawler in the ice queen dress?!

Make photos! Oh, no, wait! Stop her from asking Bea for a dance!

This does not look good! That doesn't look good at all! I thought Bibi would have taken care of it long ago! This blonde angel is going to undo all our hard work!

"Bibi?" I whisper uncertainly into my microphone without taking my eyes off Piper. "I thought you were keeping her away from Max and Bea?!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm already there!" a bad-tempered voice grumble back to me.

Confused, I scan the crowd for Bibi, only to see how she quickly grabs Piper and drags her away - right into the middle of the dance floor. Phew, that was close!

But hey, how could she be so rough with the goddess? There was imminent danger, but still, such a rabid behaviour towards Piper...

Colette! Please concentrate!

Oh my god, that's right!

"So, has everyone found someone? Great! You two! Come on to the dance floor quickly, we'll get started soon!" while Amber's voice, amplified through the loudspeakers, fills the entire room, Max shyly takes Bea's hand and enters the dance floor with her.

Yay!

So far so well!

"Isn't that Bea's favourite song!" Edgar interrupts me and my inner voice Trixi from our observing mission.

"Exactly! The song is supposed to give her self-confidence," I explain.

Nodding silently, Edgar pushes me aside before we collide with another couple.

Oh, my goodness, that's right! We're on the dance floor! I must dance! With E-E-Ed

Don't you dare stutter in your thoughts now! You are together!!!

For once, I can only roll my eyes at this comment. Just because we're together doesn't mean I'm any less bothered by emo. On the contrary! I almost feel like I've been blushing more often lately, walking into lampposts, and having butterflies buzzing in my stomach. Especially when Edgar is so close to me, like he is now.

His warmth, his smell, and the way he looks at me... it all makes me so incredibly happy.

"Colette!"

"Amber? Can you hear what they're saying?"

"Sometimes better, sometimes worse. I think the signal is being disturbed by the many guests. The usual compliments from the last meetings have already been received. Oh, wait! Now there's an awkward silence!"

"WHAT?! Oh no!"

"Wait, now Max has complimented Bea on her dress! She giggles sheepishly."

I'm responsible for the brawler fact-finding-observing-and-monitoring part, of course I love shipping, but I know less about relationships in the strict sense. Yes, I know, I am in a relationship, but Edgar is more of an unsolved mystery, than a human - I understand riddles better than the people around me. What I'm really getting at is, I don't know much about constant conversation, but I'm not so sure that compliments and embarrassed giggles can get you very far.

"Yes! They start talking about dragonflies. Looks like a long conversation. Both smile!" booms from the microphone.

"Not so loud, Amber, otherwise you might still be heard through the speakers!" I try to calm her down.

"Dragonflies?" Edgar asks me in surprise.

It's only now that I realize how close his face is to mine - so close that he can hear Amber through the microphone!

Heart attack!

Grinning, the emo kisses me on the forehead before making sure we don't ram the other dancers - or get rammed.

"Are we ready for phase two yet?"

"Yes! But we need supervision from above. Can you do that?"

"NOW?! In front of all the people?!"

"So are you ready, or are you ready?"

"Okay, okay, I'm ready!"

In the middle of dancing, I stop and take my scrapbook out of my shoulder bag.

"Please don't be scared!" I say to whoever is around as I stroke the spine of the book. Instantly, my skin turns red, I get wings, claws, horns and fangs, even my eyes change from ocean blue to blood red: now I'm Trixie Colette!

The thing about not being frightened even worked! Everyone continues dancing as if nothing had happened. Astonishing! Sometimes a glass of Brawlsecco without a coaster is enough and you are attacked by burning bottles. But a devil is obviously not a problem. Only with caution can I stretch my wings without hindering the dancing couples around us.

"Time to check the situation from above!" I murmur to my book that has come to life. It understands immediately and obediently lies down at Edgar's feet.

"May I ask for this dance?" I ask him and hold out my hand invitingly. Smiling, Edgar rolls his eyes, carefully stands on my book and positions my hand on his shoulder. I return his smile and push myself from the flour. My scrapbook quickly flaps its wings, and we fly higher and higher towards the lights to the beat of the music.