1. Edgar

WHAM!

Ouch! This is Colette, or rather, that was her.

Because she was so excited, she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and ran into the first street lamp she saw.

"You should really pay attention to where you're going," I say emotionlessly as I help myself up.

"Thanks Edgar," she murmurs embarrassedly, and we continue on our way.

"Didn't you walk into the exact same lantern yesterday?"

"Yeah, hahaha... I probably should really pay more attention to the route, but I'm so excited!!! The new update will be here soon! Fang is becoming a Brawler, El Primo has already confirmed that he is getting a new skin, just like Rosa AND YOU! That's so cool!!!"

"Yes, and how. I'm going crazy." I reply sarcastically, how can you be so excited and hyperactive about it?

But that's just how Colette is: always smiling, always in a good mood, she has a real gift for seeing things positively. She is sweet, smart, dreamy, but at the same time crazy, oh my, crazy! Maybe that's also the reason why I like her so much. Because of her lively nature, she always manages to make me show more emotions than I usually do. She makes me feel better, even if I don't listen to everything she says.

But that's understandable, because while I was thinking, the little devil started babbling again. I guess it's about Spike right now.

My gaze wanders to her, her ocean blue eyes full of enthusiasm, her white-blond hair that always hangs on one side of her face, her laugh that awakens rays of sunshine, her pale, delicate hand that lies in mine... We are right now together for four weeks, but it feels like a wonderful eternity. Maybe it's because in the end we don't do anything else like before: school, work, brawling...

"...what I'm getting at is that no one has ever seen her face. Except for Gene and Sandy, probably, because after all they are..."

At first, she was just an annoying pest and stalkerish psycho. She still is one, but she's so much more than that. I don't know how she did it, but suddenly all I could think about was her and normally I don't care about anyone. OK, not really, I like my friends and so does Byron, when he doesn't act like a lecturing grandfather.

"...the question is how he manages not to run out of ammunition, I mean he throws the slime, i.e. the dog drool, which his entire body is made of, so he should at some point..."

We have now arrived at our destination: the gift shop, Colette's favorite place on earth and her second home. She loves this store and her job as a cashier more than anything. When I started here, my main concern was the money so I could move out quicker. I didn't want to stay in Byron's dark, musty, stinking hole any longer than was necessary. Now I also enjoy working as a goods carrier: you have peace and quiet, you can listen to music while you do it, lugging the boxes is good training for my scarf and you get to see Colette.

"...If you take these points into account, you come to the conclusion that - "

"Colette. We are there."

"Oh!"

We part ways at the front door: Colette opens the door and goes into the gift shop, while I head towards the delivery entrance. A truck pulls up at 1:00 p.m. sharp. The rest of the day I will be busy unloading and transporting and loading things into the warehouse.